CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Champlain 5-17-21/08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lundrunner

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Lake Champlain 5-17-21/08 Reply with quote

Sat. we headed to Champlain and hit the west side first. Pulled out 7 Lgmouth in one hour useing black tubes and watermelon sencos. Fished a bay on the east side Bob had found previously to get us 4 more for the day. We saw a huge Lgmouth swim around our boat that went easy double digits. Wouldn't eat, but very cool to see. Water temp. was 62. Sunday back to Champlain to the same west side, which produced 3 fish, so we headed back to the east side to find new ground. Did come across a small back bay that got us 7 fish in 1 hour before we called it. Total was 11 for the day with Bob getting Lunker of 3.7lbs. Sencos,Yum craw did the trick that day. Water temp at 62 degrees. Mon. Back to that same cove, but water temp down to 58 and lockjaw set in. 20 mile winds so we sat there for the day and pulled 7 for the whole day.Sencos and crankbaits did the job. Tues found us back at Champlain but water temp now at 52. Only got 2 dinks, so we hauled to Boomasheen to try our luck there. Now we swithed to cranks and jerk bait and Bob pulls a nice 3lb smallie out. I throw on a Wigglewart and get a 4.13lb lgmouth. Came on a nice rock pile so I switched to a jointed Rapala and a trout slams it. 24" 7lb brown comes to the net. Only 7 fish for the day, but nice size. Wed. we went back to Boomasheen, but only got 7 dinks for the morning before heading back. Water still only 52.
Fishermen will change the future

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres your pics gregg

SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking bass and trout. Great job Lundrunner!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking slobs you've got there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: