CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Sunday Clinton/Westbrook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Sunday Clinton/Westbrook Reply with quote

Fished the AM Incoming and Outgoing, Southwest Reef

6 Bass to 28 inches, 5 Bluefish at 8 lbs each. 3 wayed floatiing white bucktails and Big Bubbas, with red and white pork trailers..

Not a hit on the diamonds.

AM Fog was very very thick, got sporty in the afternoon (for my 19')

Didn't see any bunker in the harbor, small bass today.

AM was very nerve racking with the thick fog which limited our movements.

People at the launch need to learn some courtesy and use their common sense.
hookedup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see your still getting that Maycraft out there and fishy.
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Elaborate on the rejects on the ramp.I think I ranted on this at 1 point last year but mine was for the rejects on the ramp in West Haven.I guess they don`t get any smarter as we move up the coast.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ramp was the same situation we all encounter with a twist - guy slowly launching his boat - pulling fenders and curtains out of the truck, loading gear, checking electronics - the usual - even know there is a parking lot right next to the ramp where most courteous people do these tasks - the ramp should be all business - we waited (with another boat) and waited. Finally the guy slowly pulls in and launches- the guy in front of me gets his boat on and I pull up to the dock - the clinton ramp is only good for one boat at a time right now - I run and get the truck - as I start the truck a guy with another boat (who must have been waiting in the parking lot jumps in his truck and races me to the launch - I give him a quick beep and back in in front of him - there was nothing he could do with my boat in the way so I wanted to get the boat on and out as fast as possible - which I can do very fast - I used to practice in the off season, anyway as i get the trailer in the water this 6 4" 224 punder starts telling me that I should I apoligize to his brother (who is bigger) for cutting him of and that he wants to kick my azz or something - all I want to do is get the boat on and get out of his way - needless to say my buddy and him are discussing the situation and I'm trying to concentrate and get out of his way - I was in and out before the situation escalated - never apoligized and left - good thing i was fast because neither me or my buddy are big guys. It was really just a misunderstanding and frustrating because the first guy took a 1/2 hour, next time I'll tell the guy what I'm doing. Usually when someone is waiting to launch they are back up near the ramp so we can see them and we take turns but right now there is only one dock run for one boat only.
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love when people pull stupid shit at the ramp.How F*)(& hard is it to load your gear off to the before dumping the boat in the water.

Maybe I will publish the idiots guide to boat launches checklist:

1.Park off to the side
2.Make sure everything u need is in the boat
3.Check the plug
4.remove strap
5.loosen latch
6.back down
7.dump down in
8.tie it off if solo(or friend has already taken charge of the vessle
9.move the truck
10.leave the ramp

How hard is this.
It takes quint and I under 1 minute to dump and run.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another launching story: 4:00AM I'm in the parking lot going through my routine - nobody around, a car pulls up and this middle aged guy gets out and starts talking to me about the boat telling me stories about his old boat etc etc. I'm pleasant to him, he's nice but weird, then I tell him that I have to leave to launch the boat, now he wants to help me. He runs over to the ramp, starts giving me directions (which I don't need). I hop out, unhook, he grabs a line ( didn't ask him to help me) I'm still nice, then he aks if I can take him fishing. I say I don't think it's a good idea and he starts raging and ranting that I'm a rich punk and some other crap, and I can see that he is starting to lose it, (I'm trying to figure out if I need to do a preemptive strike and push him off the dock, that's how crazy he was getting, my pulse is pounding, his rage is building and I'm not saying anything - then a Clinton cop car drives by and all of a sudden without a word he runs to his cars a leaves. Never saw the guy again
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably werent going to come back alive or with your anus in tact.
We have never had any issues launching in clinton ,Madison has been a joke and so has west haven.
West Haven people just park on the ramp and talk.What the hell is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: