CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Frying in SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Frying in SC Reply with quote

It has been VERY hot here for the past week. Temps over 100 and no breeze. I had a T this past Saturday and the temp was 102 at 3:00. I felt sick after 2:00 even though I drank 4 water bottles and 2 powerades. Didn't feel better until the next day. Water temp was 89 at the end of the day!!!! Surprised

I had motor trouble and didn't make it back to the weigh in on time.. Embarassed
I think the heat had something to do with it. Motor would stall when I would go to give it gas. Then I had the livewells on all day and wore down the battery, went to go crank it up at the end of the day...Nope aint gonna happen. Wouldn't of mattered anyway, winning weight was 16lbs for 5 bass. These Southern boys are gooooood.

Getting a new BIG crank battery and change out the plugs.

At least I have central air... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you pulled through ok, you gotta be really carefull in that kind of heat. Too bad with the boat trouble. Keep that central air going, this kind of heat kills people.

It's been in the mid to high 90's for the past 3 days, our first official heat wave in CT. Thank GOD we opened the pool this weekend. The water temp was 82 degrees last night, it felt great to get out of the heat and swim.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget a set of Jumper cables.....
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soory to hear the bad luck Bob. Just remember you don't need a snow blower in SC. That would be enough to make me smile! Very Happy
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckc wrote:
Just remember you don't need a snow blower in SC. That would be enough to make me smile! Very Happy

LOL!! Very Happy
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: SC too hot for me! Reply with quote

I have a cousin that lives in Charleston. We have fished Sante and also the Cooper river. Except for the excessive heat; bugs; humidity; and oh yes the aligators its a lovley place. I never had much luck down there (guess they could smell a northern fisherman). My cousin keeps telling me I should move down with the wife cause things are cheaper there. NO NO NO; nice place to visit but would not want to live there. cmorjoe
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing,...wore down my cranking battery operating the livewell pumps constant-on. Then, just like you,..I also went out and bought a big 31-series battery now as a replacement!! Laughing
Also got a set of jumper cables on-board now too,..you can always use the cables to jump-start the big motor from one of the TM batteries with them! Wink

Stay safe,..try and get outside periodically during the week to acclimate your body to the heat. That'll help you to be able to withstand it better on the weekends! Good luck in your next T!!
Fish-head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved the wires to both TM batteries. They were even more run down than the crankin battery. I did have jumper cables, but no-one was around to get a jump from. They were all back at the ramp.

They were going to send a boat back out for us but saw us TM towards the ramp..took a long time on just the TM.

Bought a new battery today, almost 2 times the crank power and twice the reserve of my old 1.

I checked my plugs and they are the set gap type. The gap is .040 on a new plug. The electrodes are so burned down well over .100. Time to replace them I guess.

Try to find Merc plugs down here..NOT. Ordered them off the internet just now.

Deep Crankbait bite is on, so I'm told. Will try to get out Sat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: