CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: 6/14 Quabbin Gate 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestinkycrappie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: 6/14 Quabbin Gate 8 Reply with quote

Me and the wife rented a boat at the Quabbin on Gate 8 at around 7am. First time ever fishing that spot. Probably the most beautiful place I have ever fished in my life. At one point a bald eagle flew over our heads. Pretty amazing sight. Anyway, no electronics, so I couldn't tell you water temp. But the sky was hazy and the air temp couldn't have been over 60 when we started. By 8am, the wife had a rainbow hooked that had to be close to 5lbs. It jumped twice and then the third time it jumped about 3 feet from the boat and spit out the lure. I was shocked. She was fishing with a 8" watermelon berkley worm. I didn't think a trout would go after something like that. She also lost a LMB that was around 4 as well. She lost of 3 fish from 7-8am. I landed this smallie that fought like my son at the barbershop. It had to be close to3.5lbs. Sorry, no scale.

At about 8 a serious looking black cloud crept into sight. I looked up and saw lightning and pinned the 6hp motor to rush back to the dock. However, the cloud moved way to fast and I can honestly say that I have never been outside during a heavier rainstorm ever. The whole ordeal took about 2 hours out of our day. Needless to say I was drenched without a change of clothes so we called it a day. I cant wait to get back there.

Next time I will bring an anchor and my trolling motor, and a change of clothes.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking smallie Stinky, congrats.
scales

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great trip. Nice fish.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job! thanks for the pic... nice fish!

Just one more cast...
thestinkycrappie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real beauty of it waws the fact that I caught it on a 5'-6" ultralight. A cabela's rod and reel that I have had for over 10 years. My favorite combo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: