CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: colebrook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chumley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: colebrook Reply with quote

any advice and or tips to fish this body of water know there are nice smallies in there i have only fished this stream flowin in for trout, thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No tips,..but I have a friend that fishes there for trout and he said it's amazing to see what the bass guys pull out of there sometimes! Wink
chumley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup i have seen some big fish come out of there seem like a tuff place the way the water level changes all the time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chumley, Colebrook is a nice place to go if you want some smallie action. There are very few laydowns or cover along the shore but plenty of boulders and rocky ledges that are smallie condos. There are some largies there but not as abundant as the smallies. On the side note if the smallies are not hitting you could always fish for trout which are abundant in that res. You can also follow the incoming Colebrook River which is to the left hand direction off the boat launch and fish that also. The lake is pretty deep in the middle. One thing, if you are not familiar with Colebrook, be very careful while running the boat near some shorelines as the Army Corps of Engineers maintains the water level there and occasionally lets water out which changes the submerged boulders and underwater islands into hazardous areas if you are on the motor. Just gotta keep an eye on your depth. Other than that it is a very scenic lake to visit. Good luck!

Jim
chumley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeeterjim i have done alot of trout fishing over the years in the stream, never seen the place look the same with all the water level changes one day you can see a bridge next time its gone. beautiful area just wanted to see if it would be worth the trip

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fished there on friday night the water was very high and locating the allusive smallies was tough but after making a couple runs my buddy tom and i found a handfull of rats and an assload of rockies fished about 4 or 5 hours and packed it in most fish came on tubes and a few on craw patern cranks
chumley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks robbi .i was told dropshotin and silver buddies ,let you know after i make the trip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have fished colebrook abit and have caught and seen smallies in the 4-5lb class. they arent abundant but they are in there. it was nuts to see colebrook 3/4 drained last fall. its amazing to see what is actually down there.
silver buddies in fall is a sure bet. my better fish this time of year are usually caught on tubes. i have also had a few good days with a rappala pearch colored stick bait. since that place is loaded with pearch and part of there forage it works. never done really well fishing the brush but you cant get them that way. i prefer rocky ledges and points. good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: