CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Empty Lake Bass Club Tourney - Beach Pond 7/13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Empty Lake Bass Club Tourney - Beach Pond 7/13 Reply with quote

This was our clubs 7th tournament of the season, and we fished from 6am until 2pm.

Conditions : warm and breezy, with bluebird skies, and low clouds
Water temp : 79 to 83 degrees
water : clear to very clear

1st place : Pointing Dog and yours truly : 5 fish for 10lbs. 11oz.
2nd place : Mike B. and son : 3 fish for 5lbs. 5oz.
3rd place : Jim C. : with 4 fish for 5lbs. 2oz.
Lunker : 4lbs. even, largemouth caught by pointing dog on a tube

The fishing was tough for most boats, with many short fish caught by all. A few pickeral caught, and most were small. A few smallmouth were caught as well, most were small, except the one I caught which weighed 2lbs. 6 oz., which was caught on a green pumpkin texas rigged senko, and happened to be the 3rd biggest fish caught that day. The 2nd place team caught a 3lb. 6oz. largemouth to anchor 2nd place.

For the most part the fish were caught shallow, 8 feet or less, with our biggest fish coming from very shallow water. Most fish were relating to docks boulders or weeds. Pointing dog and I finally had a good day with the fish gods smiling down on us. We caught fish on topwater poppers early, then on tubes, texas rigged senkos, and one on a 10 inch worm. We didn't get any fish on any quick moving baits, mostly just dragging bottom or over weeds. We didn't struggle as most of the other boats did, we culled at least 4 fish, maybe 6, I forget. We caught at least a dozen shorts, and a few small pickeral. Boat traffic was not too bad considering it was a beautiful day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ought to pay for some of that trolling motor Razz Oops did I say that out loud Embarassed
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes finallly it comes to light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not feelin the love on this thread any more!

Emptylakebassman, it's unfortunate that we couldn't take your entry fee as well. We heard you were tied up, how was that gay pride reunion you attended this weekend?

I'm sure some water from our full livewell could have put out those old flames, or are there some new ones?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: