CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Dumb Boaters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Dumb Boaters Reply with quote

Ok, We have all seen these guys on the water doing STUPID things that make us wonder "What the hell is this guy thinking".

Maybe if we post what we seen some how if those stupid people read this post they just might learn form it.

Here are two stories I recently witnessed that I had to just sit back and laugh.

First,

Last week I'm out on Silver Lake and I noticed the back end of a Tracker just about to go under the water and a guy bailing his boat out as fast as he could. I motor over and asked if he needed help. He screamed, "YES, I'M SINKING".

I asked him "Did you put the plug in the boat"? At that moment, he stood up and looked at me with this deer in the headlight look and said Crap!. He pulled the plug out of his pocket and reached over the side and installed it. He was ok after that.

Second,

Last week I went to Winchester Lake to fish the stumps. Well during the day, this guy got his jon boat stunk on a stump just under the water line. He was moving along with his trolling motor and did not see this stump.

He hit the stump in just a way that it ended up in the middle of the boat, so now picture this. 14' jon boat with two guys in it, one in the front, one in the back and the boat was balancing back and forth, just teetering.

Funny as hell. The two guys worked for 10 minutes to get off the stump without tipping the boat over. Long stony short they got off the stump and kept fishing.

Yes, it was me and a buddy from the Fire House. We dam near pissed our pants laughing so hard. OMG, I can only imagine what it looked like from shore.

Ok, your turn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

Now I know why you had your aluminum boat next to your garage. You were patching the hole in the bottom, caused by that stump you were teetering on at Winchester.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an even dumber story than that.

I was waiting to load my boat back on the trailer after a tournament, when this guy proceeds to try to load his boat onto his trailer with the electric trolling motor still in the down position. Needless to say, he crashed the trolling motor into the back end of the trailer, bending the stainless steel shaft to the point it could not be repaired.

Yes it was me.

But the story is actually worse, I was in a borrowed boat of another angler that fishes the same club, luckily he is a close friend, and was very understanding.

I had dropped my partner off on the shore, to go get the truck, so I backed out into deeper water with the outboard. I left the outboard running, and then decided to tidy up my rods, which were underneath the stowed troling motor, so I dropped the trolling motor back into the water while I waited for my partner to get the truck and trailer. You can see where this is going!!

He backs the trailer into the water, and I never remembered putting the trolling motor down, so I never looked to make sure it was up, and didn't notice it was down. I was so focused on putting the boat dead center on the trailer, that I still didn't notice the trolling motor in the water, even when he was yelling to me out the back window. I still couldn't hear him over the outboard, and by the time I figured out what he was yelling, it was too late, I jumped up, ran to the front of the boat, I had the trolling motor rope in my hand when CRASH. What an idiot!

I think I said OHHHHHHHHHh @#$%^&&#, I felt terrible, and I knew I had just parted with about $400. So yes, I bought him a new trolling motor, and all is well. Lesson definately learned the hard way.

Will you guys keep it down, I can hear you laughing from here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat,

I wasn't patching the hole hahaha, I was charging the batteries for the next time I see a stump.

I had one trolling motor issue. I decided to move to a better spot without lifting the trolling motor. Well at about 5mph you get pretty wet.

My son still talking about it today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s always stories that you hear that you never really want to believe because you wouldn’t think that someone could be so incompetent or down right stupid...

A couple of years ago a buddy and I were fishing on the CT River jumping all over the place, in and out of the marinas. We were fishing one of the slips when a lady in a little inflatable started making her way towards us. Being the nice guys that we are, we started to move to the side to let her by (and not to mention I had just picked up my brand new boat a month or so earlier) when all of a sudden, she cranks the handle on the outboard and juices it right into the bow of two boats docked in the slips. Smacks her head pretty hard and starts yelling for her son. She yanks back on the rope attached to the bow of the inflatable and cranks the handle on the outboard again. Wedging herself between the bows of the boats and continuously banging her head off the boats...the whole time yelling “MIIKKKKEEEEE!!!!”

The two of us standing on the deck of my boat about 20 feet away from this lady, listening to “MIIKKKKEEEEE!!!!”, the smacking of her head on fiberglass, in between the whizzing of the little outboard. Of course we were yelling to let go of the handle on the outboard, but she persisted in turning it over, and over until she finally got back into the channel and started to head towards us. Oh no, it doesn’t end there...she cranks down on the handle again and starts heading right towards us and at the last second turned away and proceeded to do the same smacking of the head against the bows of boats on the other side of the slips.

Once the ‘show’ was over, we made sure she was okay and made it to her boat which was only three away from the ones she hit where she undoubtedly left some hair and skin. Trying not to laugh, we turned the trolling motor up and fished our way down the marina when we hear a radio playing the song “So you had a bad day...”

Still brings a tear to my eye to have witnessed that and can laugh so hard about it that it wasn’t me.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE IT....! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read Justin!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Dumb boaters Reply with quote

I was fishing a fairly big tourny on Hudson, I was behind 2 boats hauling ass about 60 mph, when all of a sudden I see the first boat take a hard right to cut over AND DIDNT EVEN LOOK 2 SEE IF ANYONE WAS COMING!!! all I saw was a big splash of water I thought the 2 boats hit but they nearly missed , THANK GOD it scared me to see how close that was, Stupid boaters like that are fckn dangerous and they should stay home!!
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on a local lake last night with a 6mph speed limit... Yea right, I was fishing from a canoe and just about got rocked out of it thanks to wake of some "dumb boaters" I was getting pushed backwards with every swell ...starting to think I need an anchor for my canoe... I just want to fish without having to paddle every 2 seconds

Sorry guys...I 'm pretty irritated.... So please if you some guy in a canoe, cut the throttle will ya? I'd appreciate it!
Old standby push button
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishin, I feel your pain!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: