CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River 7/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: CT River 7/17 Reply with quote

I launched my kayak at the rower docks in Middletown and hit the river for a couple of hours after work. I was expecting to get toasted, but the weather was actually pretty decent for me. A light breeze was blowing and the sun ducked behind some clouds for most of the time I was out which made it quite comfortable,.... Very Happy
Paddled upriver and spent most of the fishing time between the Arigoni bridge and the railroad bridge. Got 3 smallies during the time I was there,...one short, one barely legal and the "lunker" was just under 2#. Everything was on a finesse worm.
shortypowers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nice little outing. How does the kayak work out in the river? Is the boat traffic much of an issue? How about the current?
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Hobie Outback" which is very wide and stable so I've had no issues so far, however I also try and stay away from the larger boats or just keep to no wake zones as much as possible. The current this time of year is no problem to go against,...but a stiff wind like I had last Sunday can really make for an unpleasant paddle when you're going against it,...especially if there's a lot of boat wakes thrown into the mix like I had between Haddam and Salmon River! Confused (Good exercise though!! Laughing )
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Mark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: