CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: CROSS EYES BASS?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: CROSS EYES BASS? Reply with quote

Made a perfect cast this morning (about 30 yards or so) got 3 viscious hits on my buzzbait. While on the way back to the boat (the last about maybe 10 feet from the b oat (saw him not huge but not bad either) anyway three hits and not one hook up (oh yeah I was using a trailer hook) either this fish was cross eyed or his depth perception was screwed up because like I said these were VISCIOUS HITS. Ever happen to you? cmorjoe
toptech

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that happen all the time. I dont use trailer hooks although I should start. I used to fish topwater in the ocean for stripers a lot. They love to tail slap lures....I starting to wonder if LMB do the same.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in my opinion, if they want it, they will take it all the way down their throat. Something is off, either the fish want a little different color, or a smaller or larger profile bait to match what size bait is currently in their water, or your bait is moving too slow or too fast to their liking. Mix it up and experiment to find out what size ,color, and speed of retrieve the fish in that lake on that day want, and I guarantee you'll get more solid hook ups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: