CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Fatal accident at Ct Outdoors Champlain Event 7-19-08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Fatal accident at Ct Outdoors Champlain Event 7-19-08 Reply with quote

http://www.pressrepublican.com/breakingnews/local_story_202144450.html

TICONDEROGA — A 15-year-old boy from Connecticut died after he fell from a boat Saturday evening on Lake Champlain.

Town of Ticonderoga Police reported Daniel K. Nadeau of Mansfield, Conn. was riding in the bow of a 20-foot fishing boat driven by Christopher A. Novack, 45, also of Mansfield, offshore a rural part of the Town of Crown Point at about 6 p.m. The boat encountered choppy water, which caused Nadeau to fall overboard and subsequently be hit on the head by the propeller.

Nadeau was pulled back aboard and the boat returned to the New York State Boat Launch next to the Fort Ticonderoga ferry dock. He was pronounced dead by Essex County Coroner Paul Connery.

Novack and Nadeau were participants in the Connecticut Outdoors fishing tournament. Town of Ticonderoga Supervisor Robert Dedrick said the tournament has been an annual event for the last 5 to 6 years.

Nadeau’s mother and 16-year-old brother were passengers in the boat. Their names were not immediately available from police.

Dedrick said Nadeau’s mother is the director of the fishing tournament and a paramedic. The Town of Ticonderoga Web site lists the director of the fishing tournament as Diane Nadeau, of Mansfield, Conn.

National Weather Service Meteorologist Maureen Breitbach said the last thunderstorm warning for Essex County was in effect until 4 p.m. There was the chance for periodic wind gusts of up to 30 to 35 miles per hour on southern Lake Champlain Saturday, she said.

The Ticonderoga Police Department is continuing to investigate the accident. Other responders Saturday included the Ticonderoga Fire Department and Ticonderoga Emergency Squad. The New York State Police, Essex County Sheriff’s Department, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Police, New York State Forest Rangers and Essex County District Attorney’s Office assisted with the investigation.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP that is awful.

Justin
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in a total state of horror, shock and remorse. I cant put into words how sad I am for Dan, his family, Diane and Chris. We can only look to God for comfort for all of them.

May God watch over them and comfort them in their time of need and sadness...............

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow , terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same as Justin.

My prayers and sympathy go out to all of them.

Fitzwater Lures- Best custom jigs on the market
http://www.fitzwaterlures.com/

American Bass Anglers Draw Tournament Trail
CT Division 6
www.abadivision6.com
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny skeeter called me during the week, I was on vacation last week out of state, and never turned on the computer. I am at a loss for words, I can't imagine what Chris and Dianne are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them and their families. May Dan rest in peace.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned of the accident over the weekend while talking to the people at the Tobacco Valley tourney in Barkhempstead. I do not know the family, regardless it is always a tragedy when a child passes away.

My 12 year old son was with me and I looked at him and thought how crushed I would be if I were to lose him. My son and I got into the truck and said a quick pray for everyone involved and to protect all our fishing friends and fellow boaters/fisherman.

My family’s thoughts and prayers go out to the family and hope that they can find comfort with the Lord.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: