CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Fuel costs and fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Fuel costs and fishing Reply with quote

So guys,is the high cost of fuel afftecing your fishing habits?
For me,yes it is,but only a bit.Cant skimp on leisure time.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly has for me too, I purposely did not fish a couple of events this season due to being furthur than I wanted to drive, for too small a pay out.

As well as cutting down on our extended road trip, during our family vacation this summer, these gas prices are out of control. Yeah they have gone down some in the past 2 weeks, but not enough for my taste. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that I'm still fishing just as much as previous years,..but just sticking a lot closer to home now instead of driving an hour and a half to get somewhere anymore! Luckily, I live/work in a spot where I have fast access to a fair number of pretty good places to fish,...and even if I get tired of those, I still have the river which I'm just beginning to get the feel of!
I'm also doing a lot of fishing from my kayak now,..although that's been more of an exercise consideration rather than because of gas prices! Cool

But I really don't want to think about heating the house this winter!! Confused Sad
snafu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've slowed down some tring to stay in the sweet (mpg) spot, it does make a diffrence when traveling 200+ miles in a trip.
Justin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still out every weekend that I can, but have definitely made different decisions on which tournaments to fish in in order to try and cut down on costs. It is nice to see the price of fuel dropping, but it's got to keep going to make a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: