CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: This is Scary!!! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you not loose track of how many fish you have caught after 15 or so? Do you have a clicker? 110 fish in one day is incredible even if you where dragging nets. I got to pick up some Heddon Torpedos Laughing

BTW, when I hooked my brother in the cheek we cut the hook off the treble and then fished for another 4 hours. We poured vodka on it every hour to keep it from getting infected. Laughing We must have caught 30 blue fish on top that night. My brother had the hook stuck in his face for at least 6 hours. It was one of the funniest nights at the race we ever had.

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
The morale of this story......If the lure is HOT then suck it up and sacrafice some body parts! Very Happy

Too funny skeeter jim. LMAO Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morale of the story is...always have vodka on your boat as an antiseptic!
Justin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been hooked by another person in the boat side-arm casting a spinner bait...and he wondered why i wouldn't come fish up front any more. I've also watched my brother hook himself in the ear...that was a funny sight because it wasn't me that did it, or me on the receiving end.

I have personally hooked myself on three separate occasions...once was with a dropshot rig. The hook stung as it went into my skin, but the weight actually hurt a hell of a lot more (same pretty close to catching me in the beanbag). Make a note to yourself that you shouldn't try whipping a dropshot too hard...my buddy split his head open, bled for a while and ended up with a pretty good concussion so we had to cut the day short.

Just more proof that it's not always when you are pulling back towards yourself or with hooks that bad things happen.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny, I thought you used Mega Strike for those type of injuries?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bass Addict"]how do you not loose track of how many fish you have caught after 15 or so? Do you have a clicker? 110 fish in one day is incredible even if you where dragging nets. I got to pick up some Heddon Torpedos Laughing

Bass Addict, No, no clicker counter used. I've fished with a couple of partners in the past who were so competitve that we would have our own little tournaments everytime we went out like "loser buys lunch or whatever" on the way home and it became second nature for me to be able to keep track of the fish count so both of us made sure nobody cheated. Wink Just like most, if not all of us can remember exactly what time of the day, what lure was used, what the weather conditions were etc, etc to catch that personal best bass that was caught years ago. Plus it was one of those days where everything was just going right for topwater action to be able to catch that many bass on just 1 lure. Granted I have'nt had a day like that since but I don't hesitate to keep trying. Very Happy
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
Johnny, I thought you used Mega Strike for those type of injuries?

LMAO, I damned near spit my coffee all over my keyboard,..!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO @ Megastrike!!!! Razz Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy only in tournaments Very Happy Very Happy

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just about peed myself in my office chair!!!!!!!! LMFAO Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: