CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake 9/1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Bantam Lake 9/1 Reply with quote

Hit up Bantam lake for the first time this year! The water levels were alot lower than I expected and the water clairty was way off but we did manage some really nice fish! The first cast of the day landed us a 3 1/2 lb smallie on a buzzbait.

Decided to just run counter clockwise around the entire lake. Caught some nice fish (7 or so) out in 18 feet around the hazard bouys and the rocky point on a DD22 and my buddy caught some on a 1 oz. jig with DOUBLE Big Daddy pork rinds!!! (I made fun of him for it but I was wrong) We found on patch of grass on the end of it in 14 feet of water that had alot of fish on it. Everytime the crankbait came thru it, we caught one......

We didnt catch much in the grass in the back bay so we moved back out and caught three off the ski ramp on crankbaits.

The marina across from the boat launch was dead. I think it didnt have enought water around it....

All in all our best 5 would have run around 17 lbs. I didnt remember I left the camera on the table until I pulled into the road at the launch Rolling Eyes Mad So I didnt get any pics.......

Water temps were in the low 70's.......

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good day, way to find em Justin.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

Much better than my trip .

Good day on the water.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job,..that lake holds amazing amounts of 3-4lb bass! It is really a great fishery when the bite is on! Sure wish it was closer to me! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: