CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: fish tales 9.12.08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: fish tales 9.12.08 Reply with quote

Hit fish tales on thursday to friday. We didn't get anything on thursdays troll. Night fell and we started chunking and chumming. We caught 2 small makos that we released boat side as well as a 100lb blue shak.

The morning troll we caught 3 Albacore and 1 small Yellow. Fun times. I ate about a pound of raw Yellow fin - great sushi.

PLOP can you give me a good recipe for Yellows and Albacore?

Justin
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trip.I really miss being offshore every weekend.

I usually just boil albies and make homemade non canned /canned tuna.You will be boiling a long time then picking the meat.

As with any tuna except canned.I lose interest once its cooked but I do have a couple of recipes.

I am a sick sushi whore!

But if u have steaks.Make a dredge of sesame seeds /fresh crushed black pepper/Sea salt(large grounds) and a little bit of cajun seasoning.

Cover the steak with this dredge and once your Pan is scorching hot 15 -30 seconds each side.

Make a liquid wasabi(Wasabi powder and water) mix

Serve the fish over rice with the wasabi dip

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks plop. I cover the yellow in crushed pepper corn, sea salt, and a little perika. I seasoned them and then put them in the freezer for 1 hour. Then threw them on a preheated pan, searing every side. The middle was pink and perfect temperature. I made a terryaki dipping sauce that had olive oil, crshed black pepper and crushed red pepper. I had a side of pasta with olive oil, hot peppers, plum tomattoes, sun dried tomattos, lots of garlic, splash of balsalmic, basil and onion. I pouted it over the pasta and had fresh shaved asiago cheese. Not to brag but it was perfect,. Nice, light and healthy.

Plop, our gas and bait bill was over 2500 between 4 people. It is hard to justify the expense now a days. I could have filled my freezers with tuna from City fish for 400 bux. But it was nice to get off shore. I only managed 2 trips this year. Gas is a killer.

Justin
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah the cost is awful.My brother and I had the same crew a few years back.We would head out on average 2-3 weekends a month from the time the blue sharks showed through October weather permitting.Now adays you have to be a multi millionaire to do that.

The recipe sounds good I will give it a shot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried this recipe on some fresh bluefish fillets - umm delicious - perfectly rare in the middle J/K it worked great on some store bought Tuna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: