CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Most successful trips ever!!! "Lake X"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Most successful trips ever!!! "Lake X" Reply with quote

Ok, not "Lake X", but rather Mondo Ponds, Milford. Yes, another Mondo Pond revival for the locals that have givin up on it!

My son turned a teenager this Friday, and we had a party planned Saturday, and Sunday being mothers day, i decided not to bother making any plans for the boating/fishing.

But, watching those fishing shows Saturday morning got me in the mood and the party didn't start until around 2pm, so i headed down the street to Mondo Ponds for a little while.

I was there for 2 to 3 hours. First spot, where i always start, i was there for a while and Finlay got a bite. Thought it was going to be a better fish The fish was heading sideways and away tricking me about its size. Wasn't bad though. Read 3.09 on the scale. Not bad at all, specially for this place! Caught on watermelon candy senko.

So, after a while longer i start hitting spots around to another area. Once i got to the other side, i threw into a cove/corner area as best i could with the tree partially in my way. Banged a couple non keepers back to back casts on a watermelon senko.

I headed into the back pond where i didn't catch anything. That ponds level was very high. There is a rock out back you can stand on when its normal and it was submerged.

However, i wont disclose where, but i did see and tease a couple bass relating to beds. They are not locked in yet.

I saw a few other people out there but was all alone when i arrived. As i was leaving, the bucket clan was setting up at their car!

So, thats all the fishing i did this past weekend.

Then today, the wind seemed to calm down around 6pm or so. I thought, maybe ill head over to the pond for an hour or so. I got there and it was about 7pm. Should be a good time to try (yeah right, maybe at a real lake!!).

Went right in to my usual starter spot and sat down. Second cast, i lift up (it was windy) think I'm catching a little weed, but as i give tiny shaky tugs, it feels like i got a bite. Sure enough! I set the hook and it pulls right out. Doh

I fix the lure and VERY next cast, same spot within feet, << BOOM >> lure hits the water and within a second, my line is getting tighter (it ain't the wind - it was on and off). << CRANK >> I set the hook as my line about runs out, and my tip was to low, but i got it...... I get the fish half way to me and see its a decent fish.... <<<< POP >>>> It breaks my line (10lb mono). If anyone was there, you might have heard me across the lake.

Ok, whatever, i got over it.... Tie on another Hookerz 3/0 and toss right back out there with a fresh watermelon senko. Couple/few seconds go buy, "<<< No way!!!! >>>"

At this point, I'm in shock, 3 casts, 3 bites. One miss, one broken line and now lets see how this one plays out. I <> back on it and it feels like something we are told isn't in these ponds anymore. This thing leaps and i start unzipping my fly vests pock to get my phone!!! Seriously!!

I called her and said "get the camera and fly here". We only live 1 mile away. So i get this fish to me and check out the hook and guess its over 5lb's. The Hookerz 3/0 sunk in real good in the jaw hinge and i just let the fish swim back and forth until it settled next to a rock to rest.

She shows up with 4 kids (one ain't mine) and a camera!!

I picked this fish up and guessed it 6 pounds! I told her to just keep shooting, so i have a billion picks, coming out, going in and all in between.

She went 6 pounds 2 ounces!!! Here are 3 pics, enjoy

Spent about an hour out of the house today for this. Total of about 4 hours and never had so much success in so little time. And who would have thunk........ Mondo Ponds?????????

Hope you enjoyed reading
Jon

Last edited by Rookie on Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Great Fish! Thanks for the report...

Just one more cast...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot to ask... did you C&R? I may have missed that in your report...

Just one more cast...
Ctbassnut

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He always C$R when it comes to bass. Nice fish Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I told her to just keep shooting, so i have a billion picks, coming out, going in and all in between.

Yeah, i released it for the bucket people, if they can get it.

And Ctbassnut is?
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME CATCH ROOKIE!!!!! Thumbs Up

Very informative report with all the details.

Last edited by chuckc on Tue May 15, 2007 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyTep

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bass.
bigbeave1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice hogs rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Fish Dude....

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice bass
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Awesome bass Rookie. Congrats on the lunker and thanks for posting a good report as well.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Congrats, that's a great fish,..nice report too!!
stumpy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pigs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: