CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River Haddam, 10/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: CT River Haddam, 10/10 Reply with quote

Took the afternoon off and fished the river out of Haddam from about 1:30 till 5:30. It was the end of outgoing and the beginning of incoming tide during that time as far as i could tell. Water temp was 61 give or take a little. I fished jigs of different sizes & colors as well as a flick shake worm. The fish were pretty equally spilt between the wood & the weeds. When all was said & done I had boated 8 bass and two pike and got bit off by one more! All but one of the bass were keepers. The best fish were a pair of 3-lb bass and a pike that went 5.25! I'm pretty sure that one of the 3 lbers was the same fish I caught last time I was there as well, since it had some black spots on the side for markings! All in all, just a beautiful day to be out on the water! Cool

BTW,..just to show the influence of the tides,..I went back Sat morning around high tide and really had to struggle for 2 runt bass & a pair of perch in 5 hours! Confused Confused
fishmedik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Nice Job Reply with quote

The tides ABSOLUTELY AFFECT the fishing on the river. I fished yesterday also. Managed 1 bass and 5 Pike. Pics to follow
Pauleye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: So what's the better tide? Reply with quote

In your experience what is the best tide, incoming or outgoing?

I'm a river rookie!
fishmedik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incoming for Bass, Outgoing for Pike! Don't know why, but that seems to be the norm for me.
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: