CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Wylie, SC T 10-18-08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Lake Wylie, SC T 10-18-08 Reply with quote

Fished our club T on Lake Wylie on Saturday the 18th. 7:00-4:00 I had a feeling it was going to be a tough day. A cold front had passed the night before, temps were in the 80's and now it was going to be 65 and bluebird skies and windy. Water temps were 68-70.

Went to my 1st spot and picked up a nice 3lber on a zara spook over 25ft of water. The bass were chasing shad and would come up now and then to take a bait off the surface. Wouldn't hit any other baits. very hard to catch suspended bass over 25ft.

I drew a kid from my daughters high school for my partner for the day. Talk about dedication, he tells me he was in a car accident the night before and didn't get out of the emergency room until 3:00 a.m. and didn't sleep at all. Don't worry he was fine. He didn't make the day however, falling asleep in the back of the boat. He asked to be dropped off at the ramp at 10:30 a.m.. I was solo after that.

I fished hard after dropping him off but still only had 1 bass at 2:30.

Went to the back of Little Allison creek where I could get out of the wind. Just then a patch of clouds came over. Just for the heck of it I picked up the spook again.

A few casts later a nice bass whacks the spook and I miss it. Right back to the same spot and I hook up this time. Another 3lber. Then I get another keeper about 2 lbs. Fish hard until 3:30, no more biters. Move down the lake to another cove. A fish breaks by the boat and I pitch a rattletrap, bamn fish on. another 2 lber. Now it's 3:50. I race back to the ramp, nice not to have any speed limits down here! Ended up winning the T with 4 bass for 10lbs. Most weights were in the 8lb range. Very tough day I think only 2 limits out of 10 boats.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!!! Glad to see you are making the transition OK down there! Very Happy
Fish-head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

I get a lot of ribbing about being a dagned yankee and catching these Southern bass. All in good fun..

They don't like my black weigh in bag Very Happy Can't see the bass until you dump them in the basket.

Stripers on Wateree should be peaking in about a week or 2. Entire coves the size of Amos lake just exploding on top with Stripers and White bass. LMB mixed in too. Hope to post pics sometime soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go fish head, now that it's getting cold up here, It keeps me warm to hear stories of fishing down south. Keep us posted, and congrats on the win, way to stick it out and never give up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What club are you fishing?

Mike bednarski had T there same day on wylie. Said 10 lbs won.

Hes had an awfully hard time drawing a boater position (4/5 have been drawn coangler)
Fish-head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

My club is the Lancaster Bassmasters. There were a few other T's going on that day as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: