CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: moodus res.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjskeeter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: moodus res. Reply with quote

does anybody fish moodus res upper or lower?if so how is this lake stopped by boat launch on my way by looking at a job close by.looks like a nice lake only one boat on the water that i saw. water is stained but look like nice bass lake i think i was at the upper launch .any info would be great thanks go fishin.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have only fished there twice both times split day on both upper and lower largest bass was 3to 3.5 lbs rest were cookie cutters,lots of big slimdarts as i rembered, did not get out there this year or alot of places for that matter.i say its worth a trip

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished lower a few times during the summer doldrums in July and August. Slow fishing, but I caught decent fish each time. Worked hard flipping pads and frogging because it was blue-bird each time I was there. Water temps were up too. I am anxious to get back there soon to see how it fishes with cooler weather.

I guy at Cabelas showed me a 6+ pounder that he put a client on in Lower in July.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moodus is well worth the trip, but it can be tough fishing at times. there are nice fish on both upper and lower. Given the choice I'd rather fish upper, more pads and docks to fish.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would drive past Moodus and go to Pickerall Lake....

Justin
LOBSTERMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just their last thursday i think and did real good 7 bass in 6-12 ft of water .. 3 nice big one around 2 1/2 - 3 lbs
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moodus used to be one of the top bass lakes in the state. In my experience it's gone downhill the last few years,..but either side is still worth fishing and bass in the 4-6lb range are still reasonably common (just not as common as they used to be...)!

In the summer, you can usually do pretty well doing nothing more than moving slowly around the lake and punching the pads with T-rigged plastics. Other times of year, you have to hunt for them a bit more and baits that let you cover water are good. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: