CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Amistad 11/7 - 11/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Amistad 11/7 - 11/11 Reply with quote

Got a chance to fish Amistad Lake in Texas last week. I was mostly working, but there was some fishing done every day. The conditions were tough as the lake is the highest it's been in many many years and the wind was really kicking. I was able to catch 2 4-pounders and about 15 fish in the 2-pound range. My partner nailed a 6.5 pounder which is par for the course on that fishery. Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you have the opportunity, you should really try to get to Amistad. Gorgeous fishery, big fish, unbelievably quiet in terms of other boats. Extremely varied areas to fish: deep, shallow, cliffs, ravines, timber, rocks, etc. It's got it all. If you go, stay at Byron Velvick's Amistad Lake Resort. It needs a little work here and there, but the location, food and atmosphere are great.

Phish
MarkO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you were able to wet a line, Jed. Who were you fishing with? Must be just great to be back in CT with chance of flurries next week.
Phish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with Byron Velvick. He lives down there. Yeah, coming back to the gray and cold from 70s and sunny was tough! Keep in touch, Mark. We'll hit it in the spring!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: