CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Shimano Chronarch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brennan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Shimano Chronarch Reply with quote

Hey fellas:

Can anyone give an opinion on the older chronarch 101a or the 101sf? Lefty or right is irrelavent so the 100s are fine....Seems like a nice combo of size and shimano durability. Gotta line on some used ones I am thinking about)

I would be replacing some of the cabelas prodigys that are the diawa ones(tierra I think)...They work pretty well, but maybe the chronarch is a good move?

Looking for a size comparison and durablilty/problems to look for....

Thanks

Brennan
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you are talking about the superfree ones (make sure of this, because there were non-superfree versions also!), then they are very fine reels. Just as dependable as the old curado's but a tad smoother in operation! Also, Shimano customer service is 2nd to none! If you ever need a broke or worn out part for them, they will generally just send it to you for free!

ps: As far as the size goes,...I'm not sure what these are that you are referring to.. In the world of Shimano a 200 series reel used to always be the standard-size, of low-profile baitcasters,...and 100-size reels used to refer to smaller ones! This was true for Chronarchs, Curados, Criticas etc...
But then, a few years ago Shimano came out with a Chronarch-50mg,.....and all of a sudden THAT was the small one and their new Chronarch 100, was all of a sudden the standard size. So when you say it is a "100" size-used Chronarch,...it could really be either size depending on how old it is!
MarkO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I fish Shimano reels. What route do you take to get a hold of their customer service? Thanks
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,
Depending on what you need, it'll be in one of the links on this page!
http://fish.shimano.com/
brennan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark:

Thanks for the chime in.....I may continue with the diawa knock offs...really nothing wrong with them, just wondering if something better is out there and if it worth spending the duckets.....

In this economy, probably should save....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: