CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Cabelas Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Cabelas Sale Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I picked up a new Frog toggs Pro angler rainsuit at Cabelas this weekend. It is a christmas gift for my 16 year old, who fishes a few tournaments with me a year. It was regularly priced at $50, and on sale for $24.95. A good deal for an angler that doesn't spend too much time on the water, so no need to spend big bucks on raingear.

They had alot of other stuff on sale too, but nothing that jumped out at me.

The thing that bothers me about Cabelas is, that they don't always have sale tickets on the tops of the racks of things on sale, you find out when you get to the register. I saw the Frog Toggs on sale in the newspaper flyer, and no sale tag on the rack in the store, that made it hard to find. Plus they only had 6 on the rack and all in the color blue, no other colors.

I keep going back mostly because of my 4 year old, he loves the shooting gallery, the fish tanks, moose display, stuffed mounts, the boats, and of course the rides (the esculator, and the elevator).

Happy shopping Yaaaaaaaaallllll..........

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im surprised you didn't pick up your own rain gear for the all the tears you're gonna shed next season while getting beat by us on the water. =D
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahhah Well put Sal.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have good rain gear Sal, besides there's no crying in fishing, any seasoned tournament angler knows that. Oh, I forgot, you don't fall into that catagory now do you! Shocked

Besides, I think you guys are in for a rude awakening next season. We'll have to just wait and see now won't we. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no intentions of raping and pillaging gary lol.

I havent fished 3 or 4 of those lakes- ever.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what makes it a fun trail, you have to be well rounded, and with the points system it really seperates the men from the boys.

We haven't been competative for the past few years as far as points go, because we usually only fish a little more than half of the tournaments, due to conflicting events or pointing dog's flight schedule. So we rate our performance after each tournament based on how we placed, and try to learn from our mistakes or bad decisions. This is pretty much just a fun deal for us now, as we can't get out and pre fish much anymore due to crazy schedules.

I believe we fished 9 tournaments last season with this club, we had 2 wins, 1 second place finish, and the rest were 4th and 5th place finishes or there abouts. The tournament we placed worst in last season, was the one I fished with you at Moodus Nick. I have no regrets though, I think you are a pretty well rounded fisherman. We both fished hard all day, the fish just did not cooperate.

Next year should be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if il make coventry. Never fished there or pachaug.

Hour and a half drives= no prefishing lol
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coventry fishes like any other lake, not to big not to small, but lots of boat traffic. There is a quiet time on Sunday's I believe, so boat traffic will not be as bad for some period of time. Pachaug is big, and most of the lake is shallower than 6 feet, lots of weeds, not much deep water. Watch out for the big pike in the deep water in late April. We don't pre fish anything anymore, no time, and last seasons gas prices put the kybosh on that for sure.

There are lots of lakes to travel over an hour or more to, East Twin, Zoar, Mashapaug, Lilli, Winchester, Long Pond, Amos, Pachaug. Not to many lakes within a half hour to 45 minutes. With guys spread out all over the state, somebody always has a long drive, if not at this lake than at the next one, so it all evens out. That's why we decided to pay up front this year to get the guys to make the extra effort to drive a little furthur instead of skipping a tournament. I'm guilty of this myself over the years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: