CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: It's not much, but it's something...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: It's not much, but it's something... Reply with quote

If you purchased 200 gallons or more of gas in the 2008 calendar year, you can get a small refund from the state of CT for the road tax built into the price of gas you put in your boat.

I filed the Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax Refund in Connecticut for last year and got some money back. To give you an idea of what you might look at for a refund, I purchased 498.733 gallons of gas last year and paid $1,527.94 ...and got back $41.

Not much, but guess what, that's now almost a whole tank of gas in your truck these days. It takes a little while to put all your receipts together, figure out all the math, and remember to mail it to the state, but think of it that you have to spend money to make money.

Take it or leave it, here's the link to the form...

http://www.ct.gov/drs/lib/drs/fillable_forms/2008forms/au-724fill.pdf
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a boat but I just wanted to say thanks for posting that. One the great things about this site is I always see posts from guys just trying to help each other out.
Old standby push button
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: