CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Merry Christmas Everyone!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pauleye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas Everyone! Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Everyone!
djmon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey pauleye! merry christmas back to you
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year guys.

Ok. My darlin much younger wife Very Happy purchased me a fishing rod for Christmas.

This is funny.. As SkeeterJim can tell you, I buy brand name gear. Shimano Rods and Pflueger reels, Lawrance fish finder/gps etc etc. You get the idea.

She has gone fishing with me in the past so she knows I am into Bass fishing.

Well Christmas morning after the kids are done opening gifts and I clean up the paper storm the hit my living room. She says "Honey" I have a surprise gift for you, it's big so give me a minute to bring it in".

My mind is wondering. What? big gift? She knows I want to buy a center consol for salt water fishing. Could she have contact Reynolds Marine and purchased one for me......! Wait, that won't fit in the house. Maybe it's the Power pole I've been talking about OMG could she have really purchased it

Then she and my daughters walks in the room with a brand new, shinny Zebco 5' rod and reel set. She say's, "You can never have to many rods!"

I bit my bottom lip, tears fill my eyes. I wanted to bust out. My son Zach (14) is sitting next to me when he starts to open his mouth, I quickly grab him and put my hand over his mouth and told him "don't kill the moment".

I said "Ladies, Thank you so much for thinking of me and you know how I love fishing so very much". Gave them each a hug and went to make breakfast for the family.

In the kitchen, my son is laughing, and he tells me that when he and my wife went Christmas shopping a Dicks Sporting goods; she asked him if I would like this new rod. He said Oh yeah, Dad really needs this rod badly. Joking around.

Therfore, she purchased it. Now I know I have to use it whenever she's on the boat.

That's ok, I told my son, "Pay backs a bitch".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your son will have to learn the hard way, there is nothing sweeter then revenge and when it comes to family its pinnacle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great story Ron, your son got a good laugh I'm sure.

But you will be the last one to laugh when you get him back, and remind him of that piece of shit zebco combo you received at Christmas. Revenge is sweet, don't get him back too soon, make him sweat, and as time goes by, and when he least expects it, blammmo.

That combo sounds like a great donation to my CTFishTalk kids derby this July. I am looking for people and businesses to donate snoopy/dora poles and baits for the kids to give as prizes. Imagine what kind of man she will think you are, when you tell your wife that you donated the new Zebco combo to a kids derby for them to give to a young kid as an award!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ploplop,

Love those Christmas Elves.... They look very healthy.

Gary, I'd be glad to donate. I might be able to get Loctite and the Fire house to donate as well. Contact me about one month before the derby and I'll work on getting "Stuff" for you.

Oh trust me, the wheels are spinning already. I have an old picture of him sleeping with one of our dogs and he looks like he sucking his thumb.

Good picture to give his girl friend... Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: