CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: What I've Learned Today
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: What I've Learned Today Reply with quote

What I've Learned Today.

Ok guys, post what you have learned that you think would be a benfit to others.

What I've learned to day: Water Wash-out.

I have always used a premium marine grade grease for my boat trailer bearings, my outdrive etc. Why because that's what you use.

Until today, I did some work for a customer who is a boat manufacturer and they wanted to replace a Pennzoil marine grade grease because; 1) over time it would wash-out (Wash-out is when over time a grease either breaks down or just falls apart or off and the water either fresh or salt causes it to break down). 2) The cost. Not to say that a Loctite grease would be any less expensive.

I was wrong, Loctite Viperlube is a High Performance Synthetic grease that has NO wash-out. Yup no wash out. I found that this grease is being used alot along the gulf coast because of it's excellent performance. Cost?

Less than $13.00 for a 14oz tube (414 mil tube). Now I know what I'm doing come spring.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you want to purchase this grease, you will have to go to any Loctite Industrial Distributor and ask for item # 36782.

PS, SkeeterJim, I have some on order for us...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Buddy!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: