CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: STRIPERS?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: STRIPERS? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what kind of luck they have had in the Housatonic in Derby and Shelton in regards to stripers. I have been there and all I have to show for it is two destroyed props; one last year and one this year. I have come to the conclusion that I am either A. not hitting the tides right or B. just one very unlucky person or C. about the worst striper fisherman on the planet. Any suggestions? Joe ps I would hate to think its C.
ctfishingguy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are catching keepers. Saw a few guys using the bigger yellow Polaris poppers and looked like bigger Schoolies. Guy at Tom's said they had one keeper in every ten fish they caught.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, now that i have 4x4, weeeeeeeeeeeee

Never launched out of the derby part. Is it bad? I was down there once and saw a guy back in, and his trailer disapeared.

Probably give it a shot this weekend. Maybe i can demolish my BRAND NEW prop. (openning day disaster)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: BE CAREFUL! Reply with quote

Hi Rookie: I have fished there before and I can only say "be careful", when the wind is blowing out of the North or they are running alot of water from the Derby dam either the wind or the strong current will put you up on the rocks at the ramp. I'm not saying its a bad place to fish but if you have an aluminum boat be careful...if you have a fiberglass boat think about it. Anyway goodluck Joe
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have aluminum, and im not scared to bump stuff.

Ive fished there a few times already this year. I launched out of sunyside. I didnt have a 4x4 then, and it was colder out.
I wouldnt try lunching out of sunnyside now. I know id get a ticket

Your sons name is Scott, or Scotty as we called him, right? Red headed?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. I just read your report and sure enough. Neither of you probably remember me, as your son was a bit younger than I, but i knew you, your son and im pretty sure you had a dughter, back 20 years ago. I lived at the end of the street and had a brother that looked like my twin from a distance. My mother STILL lives there to this day.

I remember you cleaning the boat all the time!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The route 8 bridge ramp is a tough one at times you have to time the tides right..
I have heard of a few keepers being caught over the last few days up towards the dam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: