CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: USA Bassin New England 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wschwarz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: USA Bassin New England 2009 Reply with quote

Hey all. USA Bassin has received a lot more calls earlier than usual about qualifications and how to get into the regional to win a boat or into the nationals (Classic) to win one of four boats. So, here they are. We are planning a few pre-registrations and will post locations, dates and times when planned.

Thank you, William Schwarz USA Bassin NE Regional Director 207-893-2266

To fish a divisional event:
• All team formats compete for a five fish limit: singles, teams of two, husband /wife, boyfriend/girlfriend and parent/child,
• Entry fees per event are $50 per boat, plus an optional lunker fee of $10,
• Earn points per event 1st = 100, 2nd = 99, 3rd = 98 etc,
• Top points leader in each division wins a plaque,
• To see our schedule of events/lakes/dates go to usabassin .com and select Divisions tab, then the state and the division you are interested – all are posted now,
• Tournament rules are at the bottom of the divisional tab on the website,
• To register printout the registration form (from the website) and mail it to the director of the division you will be fishing first,
• All tournaments will have prize packs on and above cash payouts,
• All boats compete, without exception of boat or motor size,
• Top finishing Parent/Child team from New England will receive a plaque and tackle pack from Grizz Baits,
• Top finishing Husband/Wife team from New England will receive a plaque and tackle pack from Put-A-Sock-On-It,
• Team from New England with the largest single five fish limit from divisional events will receive a plaque and tackle pack from PK Bassin Tackle and Strikezone Lures,

To fish the New England Regional Championship – location to be announced soon!
• The grand prize is a fully rigged Tracker Pro 16, with trailer and motor – a show room value of more than $10,000,
• The format is now a two day event, five fish a day for a team,
• To qualify earn 250 points from any combination of USA Bassin divisional events,
• Cash and prize packs to be awarded including; fishing rods, a Hummingbird fishfinder etc.,
• Divisional winner, Parent/Child, Husband/Wife and Largest Bag Plaques/Prizes to be awarded at the Regional Championship pre-tournament meeting,

To fish the Classic, our national championship, on May 1st and 2nd (2010) and for a chance to win one of four fully rigged bass boats
• Place in the top 40 teams at a regional event
• Boat Prizes worth over $100,000: 1st prize: Nitro Z8, 2nd prize: Z7 and 3rd prize a Nitro X5 followed by cash and product prizes
• All contestants in the two-day national championship will have their names put in for a drawing for a Tracker Pro Team 175, fully rigged.

2009 New England Directors

Connecticut Division CT-1, Contact: Jamie Verab 203-510-8805,
Massachusetts Division MA-1, Contact: Bill Decoteau 413-566-3961,
New Hampshire Division NH-1, Contact Tod Alberto 603-781-0717,
Kennebec Valley Division ME-1, Contact: William Schwarz 207-893-2266,
Sebago Lake Division ME-2, Contact: Jimmy Lowe 207-232-7570,
Machias River Division ME-3, Contact: Peter Kjensted 207-255-4081,
Calais/New Brunswick Division ME-4, Contact: Peter Kjensted 207-255-4081,
Bangor Area Division ME-5, Contact: Jason Lundstrom 207-974-9783.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the % of payout?
wschwarz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA Bassin nationally has a 70% cash payback on all divisional tournaments. Directors work very hard to gather together prizes to off set the other 30%. In 2007 and 2008 USA Bassin New England paid back in ALL divisional events and the Regional Championship over 100% in cash and prizes. Prizes have included in the past fishing rods, tackle, lures, sports tickets, tackle shop gift certificates, extra cash money from Toyota and gift certificates from Bass Pro Shops. After all prizes are received, by March, directors will be able to distribute prizes breakouts. Our goal in New England is to continue our work with our current and new partnerships to provide ample prizes at each of our forty events.

The other 30% is broke out per entry as follows: 10% ($5) to the directors to cover any expenses they have and 20% ($10) to national to help pay for boats and engines for our Classic and organizational expenses.

Lunker is 100% payback for a single lunker per event.

Thank you, William Schwarz USA Bassin NE Regional Director 207-893-2266
Vikingned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds interesting to me and would like to look more into it. I"de be a non-boater, looking to parther up with a boater. All expenses shared. Anybody interested for the 2009 season, who would like to hook up with me as a partner, just send me a PM.

Thanks,
Ned
luck38

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: More Info Reply with quote

You can email Jamie or me at verab@bidesignllc.com if you need more information for this years CT tournaments or you can call Jamie at 203-510-8805. We are the tournament directors for USA Bassin in CT.

CT Tournament dates

04/19/2009 Lake Lillinonah Steel Bridge 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
05/31/2009 East Twin Lakes O'hara's Landing 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
06/13/2009 Candlewood Lake Latens Cove 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
07/12/2009 Connecticut River Riverside Park 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
08/22/2009 Lake Zoar State Launch 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
luck38

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Open houses and pre registration Reply with quote

USA Bassin will be co-hosting two open houses this coming month of March, with Newtwon Bait and Tackle and Marine USA Inc. Balmar Marine.

On March 14th, from 9am to 1pm USA Bassin Directors will be on hand at Newtwon Bait and Tackle to answer questions about USA Bassin's newest division in Connecticut, and take registrations.

On March 28th, from 9am to 1pm USA Bassin Directors and Nitro Boats local Pro Staff Members will be on hand to talk about Nitro and Tracker Boats, answer questions about USA Bassin's newest division in Connecticut, and take registrations at Balmar Marine. 132 Dowd Avenue, Canton, CT 06019, Call: 860-693-2300 and ask for Ron or Kathy for details.
luck38

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Permit and boat maximums Reply with quote

We do have a maximium limit for each tournament per our permit from the state so we are encouraging people to pre-register for each tournament. We have limits from 25-50 boats depending on the location. As we get closer to each tournament I will update you on how many slots are left. If we dont fill the limit through pre-registration then it will be first come first serve at the ramp until we reach our limit.
CTBASSIN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying if I pay for my membership and don't shell out the the other $250.00 before the first tourney I may not be able to fish the entire trail.

Fitzwater Lures- Best custom jigs on the market
http://www.fitzwaterlures.com/

American Bass Anglers Draw Tournament Trail
CT Division 6
www.abadivision6.com
luck38

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Tournament Trail Reply with quote

What I am saying is that I would not want to turn someone away at the launch but the DEP dictates how many boats and parking spaces are allowed per a tournament. You can see the same thing with the CTFishTalk trail as Chuck is posting how many slots are open and when they fill up then he can no longer accept people into the tournament. You can also see it in the sticky in this forum for the 2009 permitted tournaments. As I stated this is not our choice and we are encouraging people to pre-register. If you do not pre-register then you can email me or my brother at verab@bidesignllc.com anytime before the tournament (not the morning of the tournament) and we will reply and let you know if it is filled or not and how many remaining slots are available. As of right now there are spots available for each tournament. You do not have to pre-register all at once so the best thing would be to at least pre-register for the first date.

I hope I answered your question. Do not hesistate to either PM me or email if you have any further questions.

Paul Smile
wschwarz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Added Benefit to Fishing USA Bassin Reply with quote

If you are a member, you are not confined to Connecticut. You can fish any other division, including the other seven in New England. That is 35 other events, one membership just in New England.

Bill NE Regional Director
USA Bassin
207-893-2266
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: