CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: What's your routine to get back on the water?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerryinct

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: What's your routine to get back on the water? Reply with quote

Mine is put electronics back on boat, Charge and install all batteries putting protectant on Battery terminals and checking water level. Inspect rods and reels. Reel maintenance, and respooling of lines. Inspect plano boxes,restock and re-organize baits etc. Reorder soft plastics and reorganize as I figure out what I am going to the most and take off items that were not productive. Inspect boat trailer lights and trailer connections. Top off with fresh fuel. Go fishing. Inspect livewell pumps to see that no plumbing failed during the off season. Curious at to what you guys do?
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean and do maintenance on all rods and reels, respool, Organize lures, change hooks if needed, put on a fuel water separator this year,move my motor up 2", installed a troll eze tray, still considering a stereo, check all lights and bearings on trailer, change spark plugs, put new reg sticker on, GET MY LICENSE, (almost forget that every year), order more stuff I won't use, Get FTD on automatic delivery to keep the wife happy....lol....
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the same, however I do spend a little more time making sure the YAMAHA is running good, lower end has fresh oil, all filters changed and fitting greased. Check fuel line for cracks.

I double check everything I checked and did when I winterized it.

Than I hit the trailer bearings, I make sure there are no worn areas and regrease them. Lights are good, boat is waxed.

Off we go....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boat spends the winter in the garage,..so all I really do is buy a new set of spark plugs that i don't even install until the second trip of the season, after i've burned out all the fogging oil !
I do organize baits and clean, lube & put new line on the reels,...but that's something I've already done in the middle of the winter and so i don't consider it a routine to getting back on the water!!

BTW,..nice to hear from you Jerry! Very Happy

Ronnie,..you DO have bearing-buddies on your trailer don't you??
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Oh yeah, I have bearing buddies. I like to check the bearings and seal just in case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: