CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: teaching an old dog new tricks?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: teaching an old dog new tricks? Reply with quote

When you are closing in on social security age I think that makes me an old dog. I must admit that with the tons of artifical lures I use it annoys me to see my sons catch more and bigger fish than I do so here goes. SENKOS (seem to be their choice of baits)! Just wondering what the rest of you guys use. 4 or 5 inch? Colors? (I have used watermelon. Size of hooks for either the 4 or 5 inch senkos? I know what my son's use but was just interested in what everyone uses. cmorjoe p.s. anyone else had enough of winter?
djmon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watermelon blake flake
green pumpkin blake flake
pumpkin black flake
white pearl (or something along those lines)

those are pretty much the colors; i mean black and black/blue, junebug are also good colors but it depends what kind of spending and stocking are you planning on doing. do you want a box of 10 colors or just 10pks of the color you have the best luck with.

gamakatsu 1/0 drop shot, finesse wide gap, or octopus hook for wacky rigging.
gamakatsu 3/0 EWG and the Superline EWG for texas rigged. (5inch size)
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2/0 EWG for the 4"
3/0 or 4/0 EWG for the 5"

For colors,..... black, black/blue-flecks, and anything greenish
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 2/0 EWG Gammi's for all my 5" texas rigs, and a #2 Gammi circle hook (I believe) for my wacky rigging. I don't throw the 4" version too much, if so, I use a 1/0 EWG.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one and only color enless Im fishing bantum is pumpkin with black and green flake. Always 4 inch and i use a 1/0 lunker city texposer hook. I have found these hooks dont destroy the bait as bad when texas rigging and they are strong enough to catch a 35 inch striper...even at 1/0.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite colors are green/black flake and pumpkinseed with a 1/0 and I 've done great on them.I caught some really nice fish with them.so good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: