CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New guy here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sluggo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: New guy here Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm new obviously. Used to be on CTF but I'm here now. Glad I found this forum just in time for the striper run Smile

Hope to contribute some reports. My favorite river is the Farmington but I'm just learning to fish the CT for stripers, both from shore.
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up sluggo. The CT River is the best. You never know what you're going to catch. I too fish from shore, it's tough at times but all in all, it's not too bad if you know the right spots.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sluggo. Welcome to the site. A Farmington River guy, huh? I'm almost embarrassed to say this Embarassed , but I drive by the Farmington at different locations a couple times a day on my commute, and have never actually fished it. I'm a big CT. River buff and it would be swell if we exchanged info here and there.
Sluggo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah no prob, i will even let everyone in on my secret bait.... those soft plastic minnows with implanted scent in a pretty clear color with a tiny bit of purple hue. I like the 3-4" size and usually put in a small split shot on the line right in front of the nose to get it down just a bit. I usually just cast upstream, let the lure sink, then let it keep drifting and occasionally giving it a slight jerk. and reel in the slack. after it's fully swung around i just continue to reel in slowly with a jerk here and there.

this usually works for me and it's my best lure method. a lot of it is really in the technique i believe. drifting takes patience! try it sometime.

now... what's the best way to catch strippers on soft plastics in the ct river? Smile
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the site!
Esox CT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sluggo wrote:
now... what's the best way to catch strippers on soft plastics in the ct river? Smile

Sorry, I only catch stripers by accident Laughing . I hear houdini shad, zulus,etc. work great on a pre-weighted jerkbait hook.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: