CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: shetucket river, baltic ,4-19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigoutdoors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: shetucket river, baltic ,4-19 Reply with quote

met my buddy joe at the parking lot in baltic at 6 am,the river was high,so we walked upstream the large rocks were underwater to we decieded to head over to sandy beach.when we got the there was one other guy there,we bsed with him for alittle the headed down stream.it took awhile before we started getting bumps,joe got on on,and befor he got it into the net it spit the hook,he worked the area good before getting another finaly getting it into the net.i was downstream,changed a bunch of flies before finding the right one,a ugly black beaded wollybugger,this one was heavy fly,my old rod that i was using had a hard time rolling it outonce i got it out i was getting bumps,slowed down on the retrive i hooked up,but only for a second,slowed down alittle more and landed a small brookie.we stayed for 2 hours and the water started to go down,so we went back to baltic and walked back upriver to the first bend.stayed there for another two hours,only getting bumps once and a while
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: