CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Pricey!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Pricey!!!! Reply with quote

Stare at boat in yard under tarp all winter. Free
Pull the tarp the last week of March and charge batteries. $1.00
Go through boat and make list of things to do to get ready for the season. 3cents
Drop boat off to the mechanic to have work done. $10
Get a phone call to take a ride up and have a look at the electrical that has been eaten by the salt water. PRICEY!!!!

WTF!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's why you gotta go to freshwater, you don't have that problem Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather pay for corroded electrical systems to be replaced.... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why you gotta go on your friends boat:)

Justin
snafu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the joys of owning a boat, still better than staying home with the wife on the weekends!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about the electrical problems quint. It will be money well spent when your are nailing the stripers, fluke, sea bass, black fish and all the other yummy fishes I left out.

My last attempt at the canyons in the fall, 1 of my buddy's transmissions went right as we left Montauk. We had just put 3K in fuel in his boat and bought about 500$ worth of bait, ice and rigging. Only to have to turnaround and limp back to Noank.

He had a rough season last year. His boat sank on land. Meaning when he went to check on his boat there was close to 8000 gallons of water in it. He had to rebuild his engines, replace all 10 of his batteries, new generator and a ton of cosmetic stuff. Insurance didn't pick up nearly as much as you would expect. He is still battling it out with them.

He has about 30k tab outstanding with his marina and still needs to rebuild his trany which will be around 10k. Ahh, the joys of owning a 40' sport fish.

Justin
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
sorry to hear about the electrical problems quint. It will be money well spent when your are nailing the stripers, fluke, sea bass, black fish and all the other yummy fishes I left out.

My last attempt at the canyons in the fall, 1 of my buddy's transmissions went right as we left Montauk. We had just put 3K in fuel in his boat and bought about 500$ worth of bait, ice and rigging. Only to have to turnaround and limp back to Noank.

He had a rough season last year. His boat sank on land. Meaning when he went to check on his boat there was close to 8000 gallons of water in it. He had to rebuild his engines, replace all 10 of his batteries, new generator and a ton of cosmetic stuff. Insurance didn't pick up nearly as much as you would expect. He is still battling it out with them.

He has about 30k tab outstanding with his marina and still needs to rebuild his trany which will be around 10k. Ahh, the joys of owning a 40' sport fish.

I think I'd rather fish from land

slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing from land is ugly. I only do it 3 hours a year, when I take my 4 year old to a local trout derby in town, it is all I can stand. Being stuck in 1 spot, and having to fish with yahoos all around you, casting over your line, even if you move around it is aggrivating.

Nothing like being in your own boat, you can go where the fish are and it's your own fault, and nobody else's if you don't catch em. The cost of owning a boat far out weighs fishing without one, fresh or saltwater.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
Fishing from land is ugly. I only do it 3 hours a year, when I take my 4 year old to a local trout derby in town, it is all I can stand. Being stuck in 1 spot, and having to fish with yahoos all around you, casting over your line, even if you move around it is aggrivating.

Nothing like being in your own boat, you can go where the fish are and it's your own fault, and nobody else's if you don't catch em. The cost of owning a boat far out weighs fishing without one, fresh or saltwater.

Well of course I'd rather fish from a boat, but the difference it that I can't afford one. So I make the best of the situation. Land fishing is better than no fishing at all. I've been fishing from land for the past 17 years. I get by, but it would be nice to get out on a boat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: