CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: tubes - what brand, colors and rigging do u use???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: tubes - what brand, colors and rigging do u use??? Reply with quote

I mainly use gizit tubes in black, puples and motor oil rigged texas style weightless. I had some good success on them but wanted to see what you guys are using.

What hooks do you prefer, how do you rig them and what color/brands do you recommend?

Justin
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Justin,
Dont really remember what brand tubes I use, but i know I usually use the 3 or 4 inch tubes (watermelon, motor oil, sometimes black/red) with a 3/8 oz jig head. Ive had pretty good success with this rig. I think weighting these baits is really important especially if youre going to be fishing deeper structures like rockpiles or sand/gravel for smallies. Just my two cents...
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Yum tubes. I go with mainly natural colors, anything to resemble crayfish. I forget what brand the hooks were, but they are perfect for tube jigs. They have a longer head on them, which allows you to push it up through the jig and then pushing the eye right through the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use stalker tubes or coffee tubes. I rig it with the lightest jig head i can get away with and as for color i use natural colors.
Scotti G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Stalker bait tubes They have won many tournaments for alot of people. Give Steve a call and he will take care of you. 860 464 2053 You won't be dissappointed
Scotti G
www.castlebaits.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use BPS magnum flipping tubes, and coffee tubes, I don't like the YUM tubes, they tear too easily for my taste. I mostly throw them texas rigged with a 1/16oz. tungsten worm weight, or weightless with a 2/0 Gami EWG worm hook. Colors mostly watermelon pepper, puke, green pump., black neon, x mass tree, etc.

I never use them with a round head weighted hook inside the tube, I don't like the way they fall rigged like that. The texas rigged presentation definately looks more natural when it's falling.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the info.

Justin
Ryan G.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly BPS Tender Tubes, but Stalker tubes are also nice.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
I use BPS magnum flipping tubes, and coffee tubes, I don't like the YUM tubes, they tear too easily for my taste. I mostly throw them texas rigged with a 1/16oz. tungsten worm weight, or weightless with a 2/0 Gami EWG worm hook. Colors mostly watermelon pepper, puke, green pump., black neon, x mass tree, etc.

I never use them with a round head weighted hook inside the tube, I don't like the way they fall rigged like that. The texas rigged presentation definately looks more natural when it's falling.

Oh well, just goes to show that it's a personal preference kinda thing cause I'm completely opposite! Rolling Eyes
I like the way that they fall with a ball jig-inserted much better than when T-rigged! On spinning gear its with a 1/8 jighead and with casting gear it's usually with a 1/4 jighead.
I do occasionally fish them T-rigged when it's weedy, but I will definitely go with a ball-head jig and an exposed hook whenever I can get away with it!

Favorite colors are green pumpkin, watermelon/copper or gold flake, white/silver flake..and smoke/red flake. I don't really have a favorite brand,..I think that they all will catch fish! Cool
Justin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much stick to the BPS salty tender tubes and Mizmo Big Boys...paired with tapered tube heads I pour myself with either Owner or VMC 3/0 hooks. Buy and make everything in bulk to cut down on costs and make sure I have plenty to lose to hungry rocks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: