CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: whats this "new proposal" stuff about?!?!?!?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: whats this "new proposal" stuff about?!?!?!? Reply with quote

so i get a text message today to turn on 106.9 because they were talking about the 2009 fishing licenses and how they were going to be $40 this year. i caught the tail end of the convo so i heard nothing of the sort and checked online and saw nothing. talked to a friend and they said that the gov. was proposing to change the price to $40 this year.... haven't seen this anywhere online but if thats the case then i suggest everyone get your licenses now
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DJ,

I haven't heard anything about it, but you could be correct.

It's pretty messed up if this is true, doubling the cost in 1 year seems a little much. She's making plenty of cuts elsewhere, so the money has to come in from somewhere too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't surprise me if they did some bullsh!t like this...but everything still says it's $20 for a resident and $40 for a non-resident.
stratosfear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard the same thing from guy at yankee bait and tackle in enfield he says it will go up in july.dont know if hes telling fish stories or not?
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the fact that "Yankee" is in the title leads me to believe it's BS. But I did also hear they're going up, but I didn't think it was untill next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true, they will be going up to $40 next year for sure. It doesn't seem fair that they would go up halfway through the year, but the state can pretty much do what they want. Anybody who is a serious fisherman will have already purchased their 2009 license well before July, so if they do it this summer I don't care, I've got my 2009 $20 license already, and will be paying $40 next year anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
It is true, they will be going up to $40 next year for sure. It doesn't seem fair that they would go up halfway through the year, but the state can pretty much do what they want. Anybody who is a serious fisherman will have already purchased their 2009 license well before July, so if they do it this summer I don't care, I've got my 2009 $20 license already, and will be paying $40 next year anyway.

Likewise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with slimecoat, already bought it for 28 (well I have the hunting combo)
Old standby push button
rdb313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new license starting in July will be $40. It starts in July 1st because that is the start of the 09-10 fiscal year for budgeting. It really sucks...the state does a big PR piece this past year about "staycation" going green and fiscal responsibilty what better way then to take your family camping or fishing...Understand we are in an econmoic crisis but doubling the price of a fishing permit and raising the price on hunting and trapping is stupid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: