CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River 5/1/09 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man you gotta love a-holes like that for sure. I guess some people have nothing better to do.They figure that they are privileged because they have a boat and you are shore fishin. Hang tough mister!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most marinas don't want non paying customers on their property and neither do the boat owners. There is a huge security risk to opening up Marinas to non paying public. If I owned a boat and payed for a private slip, I wouldn't want you there either. Not trying to be a dick but think about it from their perspective. They made an investment in a boat and a private slip not a public fishing pier.

I realize you said you have permission to fish there which is great but that won't always go over well with the paying customers that are trying to protect their investments. You would be surprized how much stuff gets stolen out of boats even in well secured marinas. Opening a private marina to the non paying public is a disaster waiting to happen for the boat owners.

Next time someone gives you hassle there just tell them the owner gave you permission and they should leave you alone.

nice fish btw.

Justin
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the right way to do it. Just say you have permission and ignore them. Be nice and kill them with kindness.... thats the best way to keep your fishing spot! Smile
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny because we told the guy we knew the owner and had permission to fish there, he immediately told us we were wrong and threatened to call the police, but instead he just called the owner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
FishinViciousPete

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: WTH is that Reply with quote

SenkoBandit wrote:
yeah right good eye it does look a yeti waving at us lol Laughing

What the heck is that? looks like a guy in a chicken suit.
Very nice Crappie . Shocked

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor and keep the number for the DEP in your cell phone. The next time someone HARASSES you inform them you have the number for the DEP and tell them you will call them because you are being harassed. There is a law in CT called the "sportsman harassment law". Keep the number and just use it as an Ace. If it escalates and you feel your in the right and havent broken any laws, call the DEP and they will protect you.

When someone threatens you with a phone call just say this....."Here. I have the number for the DEP right here. I can call them for you....." That will end most conflicts.....
Esox CT

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. The owner there is real cool. He handled that situation honorably, unlike the boaters. Vic knows were not there to damage/steal/harrass/etc. We just wanna fish. I know one thing, I'll be back in those slips come late Sept. early Oct. Cool
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox CT wrote:
Yea. The owner there is real cool. He handled that situation honorably, unlike the boaters. Vic knows were not there to damage/steal/harrass/etc. We just wanna fish. I know one thing, I'll be back in those slips come late Sept. early Oct. Cool

AMEN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: