CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: tred barta in rough shape
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: tred barta in rough shape Reply with quote

On his way to Alaska to tape his TV show, Tred Barta suffered a rare occurrence called a spinal stroke affecting his T2-T10 vertebrae. Since there are only 12 of these Thoracic bones, that’s a very large area. He is currently paralyzed from just below the chest down. Prognosis is way up in the air at the moment. Some medicos predict permanent paralysis while others have given him up to a 60-percent chance of at least partial recovery. His message to everyone is… “Don’t take a single second of your life for granted.”

Justin
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tred is such an inspiring guy. The first time I ever saw his show he made a statement some where along the lines of:"never let an opportunity pass you buy, if an opportunity presents itself, and you don't have a conflict, take it, it could be the best day of your life."

I wish him a full recovery.

Justin
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched an episode of his show where he killed a wild boar with a knife! I have to admit it's not my favorite show. It's ok when nothing else is on. Hope he get better
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: