CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Avoid Contact With Conn. River
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigoutdoors

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Avoid Contact With Conn. River Reply with quote

Officials: Avoid Contact With Conn. River

Electrical Outage At Waste Water Plant May Have Affected Water, Officials Say

POSTED: 10:36 am EDT May 25, 2009
UPDATED: 3:16 pm EDT May 25, 2009
ENFIELD, Conn. -- Full power was restored to the Enfield Wastewater Treatment Plant on Monday afternoon after a warning was issued to residents about possible contamination to the Connecticut River.

Department of Environmental Protection officials said the wastewater discharged from the water pollution control facility was once again being treated properly as of 1:30 p.m.
Residents were warned early Monday to avoid direct contact with the water in the Connecticut River between Enfield and Middletown.
Though power has been restored, they said residents shouldn't wade or swim in the river until Tuesday.
Officials said an electrical outage caused by a fire in an electrical panel sometime after 10 p.m. on Sunday disrupted the treatment of wastewater being discharged from the Enfield facility.
Electrical contractors were called to the scene to repair the damage caused by the fire.
While the full power needed for sanitary treatment was knocked out overnight, officials said systems allowing for the primary treatment of the waste through settling were still functioning. They said that meant no solid particles were discharged into the river.
Center officials said workers put a portable generator in place for the disinfection system Monday morning until power was completely restored.
Officials said the plant discharges about four million gallons of treatment wastewater into the Connecticut River each day
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yummy.......
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad for those kids I saw swimming today... sucks to be them! Kinda wish I knew this before I fished there today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my buddy just got back from Wake boarding on the ct river. Did they post anything at any of the public launches?

Justin
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see anything, but then again I wasn't at any of the launches...

bigoutdoors

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching the news tonight,i would say no,great going conn.board of health
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,...would've made way too much sense to post it at the ramps where someone might have actually seen it! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was down at the cover today and noticed the shed was closed which I thought opened after memorial day. I didn't see any signs posted. The waist treatment facility must have given the press and the state a piss load of money to keep this relatively on the DL.

It was memorial day weekend which is one of the biggest boating weekends of the year, you would think they would use every news/media outlet available to make sure boaters or swimmers are aware of the potential health hazards

Justin
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
I was down at the cover today and noticed the shed was closed which I thought opened after memorial day. I didn't see any signs posted. The waist treatment facility must have given the press and the state a piss load of money to keep this relatively on the DL.

It was memorial day weekend which is one of the biggest boating weekends of the year, you would think they would use every news/media outlet available to make sure boaters or swimmers are aware of the potential health hazards

Apparently they have bigger fish to fry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: