CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: REPORT 5/27/07 - Miles vs Upper Housy Pike / Smallies-
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: REPORT 5/27/07 - Miles vs Upper Housy Pike / Smallies- Reply with quote

Im off in a few mins to give another try for some Pike and Smallies up around Falls Village.
I hope with these last few days of warm weather, it has turned them on a little. My last 3 attempts over the past 3 weeks have been lame to say the least... Wish me luck!

I will report when i get back...

Just one more cast...

Last edited by admin on Sun May 27, 2007 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keith T

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Marc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, just got back... I hit 3 spots. 2 on the Housatonic river in Falls Village, and them hit Indian Lake after to hunt for some LMB.

This morning i fished the housatonic right near the high school in Falls Village.
I didnt have any luck Pike or Small Mouth there. I know there are in there. I threw pretty much everything i had at them... Rapala Xrap, Big Daredevil spoon, Spinnerbait, Zara Spook, etc... i could not anything to hook up. I ran into a old timer from lakeville who fishes for Carp there. He told me that yesterday he got a 17lb carp out of that spot. After hearing that i hung around to see if he could produce again... I hung out for about an hour, but he didnt land anything... he had a few bites, but nothing was landed. As he put it, Carp fishing is all about patience, you can get a hit in 5 mins or 5 hours... Its all about patience. He was using an ugly stick with 30lb test, with corn and a sinker.

so after that, i went up above the power plant in Falls Village and fished from shore for about 45 mins. I finally was able to get a smallie. It wasnt huge but it was nice to actually connect with something in that river. I got him on a Blue and Silver Spinnerbait in calm water.

Went home, got a bite to eat, then hit Indian Lake in a canoe. I was out there for about an hour. 10 mins out i connect with a average size bass for that pond... just shy of 2 lbs... Then i paddle out a little deeper to where its about 6 feet deep. I put on a Yum shad in white... cast it out, let it sit for a min... slowly work it back to me... as its sitting half way in i slowly lift the rod and i feel alot of tension on the line then the lines takes off.... WHOA! i was not exspecting that! i set the hook.... he feels like a big boy for sure... as i start to reel more line in... he gets loose from me... DAMN! he was not hooked very well... oh well, at least i know they are in there...

After that, i get 2 more LMB in the same depth using that blue and silver spinnerbait.

now im home and im done for the day...

wasnt terrible, and i learned some lessons about carp fishing to boot from a old timer who was real good to talk with...

Just one more cast...
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun and informative trip! I lost a coulpe good fish during the tourney yesterday. Don't you hate that! Evil or Very Mad
Master-Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there today at falls village by the power plant, if you are looking for Pike they are there and Smallies. Nice day out there this morning
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year i got my first Pike ever right above the dam there in falls village... it was just shy of 8lbs... I was hooked after that... also the small mouth fishing up above the damn is great too! I just went out again... had to try to redeem myself... i got 2 smallies. i didnt consider them worthy of getting out the camera though...

Just one more cast...
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Marc. Too bad on losing a good one. You'll get'em again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: