CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: 6/6 & 6/7 CT River with Largefry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: 6/6 & 6/7 CT River with Largefry Reply with quote

Took what are probably gonna be my last striper trips for awhile with Largefry (aka AJ) yestarday & today. Let me begin by saying that there is probably no one who has wanted to catch stripers more,.. and has had more bad luck doing it than AJ!! He's had boken lines, lousy conditions and even a broken 8/0 hook that had kept him from boating a striper so I had taken it as a personal crusade to get him onto a fish or two before I put the big baits away for the season!
Well, yestarday he finally got one in! Not a keeper,..but a good solid fish. Then today, he scored with a nice 31-incher and then quickly followed it up with another that was right on the border of being a keeper. Great job AJ,..the trips are a lot more fun when I can snap one of you holding a fish!! Wink

pdcrack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to put em on the fish Mark!
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on the river guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
LargeFry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting me out there Mark! I don't think anybody has ever worked harder to get me on a fish. I still have what's left of that hook, I still can't believed it snapped like that. And then of course I had to have some break off, and then when I was just begining to think these things were a figment of my imagination I finally hook up!! Now I can sleep well tonight and not have nightmares of the fish that should have been. Even though the striper fishing is slowing down I think I'll keep that houdini tied when I venture out on the river again. Thanks again Mark for finally getting me on some stripes!!
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stripers! Congrats on getting some keepers.
P.DONA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to put Largefry on them, Mark !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff
stumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job AJ and Mark. One of your last striper trips mean one thing. We'll being seeing big green fish in your next posts.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go AJ!! Congrats on those stripers. After looking at the pics I know Mark really must of wanted to fulfill his crusade on putting you on some fish as it must of killed him being a Yankee fan to let you in his boat with your Redsox hat on. Wink Very Happy Great job Mark!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome day on the water.

Good Job AJ.

Mark is a better man then me, I would not let you on the boat with that hat. Rolling Eyes Shocked Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Way to go AJ!! Congrats on those stripers. After looking at the pics I know Mark really must of wanted to fulfill his crusade on putting you on some fish as it must of killed him being a Yankee fan to let you in his boat with your Redsox hat on. Wink Very Happy Great job Mark!

LOL,..I never even noticed the hat until I saw it later in the pics!! That's undoubtedly been the trouble all along,....if he'd had a yankees cap,..we'd have been catching big stripers every time we went!! :Stripes on the fish,...pinstripes on the uniform,...coincidence??? I think not!! Razz Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: