CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Empty Lake Bass Club - Highland Lake 6/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Empty Lake Bass Club - Highland Lake 6/28 Reply with quote

Well another good showing, I believe we had 10 boats show.

Air temps- 65 in the am climbing to 85 by the afternoon
Water temps - in the mid to high 70's
Water clarity - very clear to slight stain
Winds - low most of the day (5-10mph)
Boat traffic - not as bad as I've seen it there, I actually expected worse

Pointing Dog and I started off in second bay throwing the usuall topwater baits, tubes, jigs, senko's, hair jigs, drop shot, etc. in 6 to 12 feet of water. We spot hopped a couple times, and had our 5 fish by 8am, but just couldn't get any big girls to cooperate. The winning bag came from deep water 20+ feet. Some big fish were caught, lunker was caught by Sarom and Jim, a 4-8 largemouth. There were quite a few big smallies, well over 3 lbs, I don't have the weights, so I'm going by memory here, since Empty lake bassman hasn't posted this report.

1st place went to a new team of Justin Tralli and Nick P. with 12-14 I believe
2nd and 3rd place were in the 11's
4th place was 10lbs something
5th and 6th place were in the 9's (Empty lake bassman & partner) (Pointing Dog and I)

All boats caught fish, and most boats had 5 fish limits. All in all a fun day with plenty of fish caught. Some pickeral and rock bass were caught as well, I don't think anybody caught a trout. Our next tourney is at East Twin on July19th.

Last edited by slimecoat on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job & congrats to J&N !!
(Kinda surprised that no one managed a bigger bag from that place!)
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Justin and Nick fishing together, you are going to see them take first a lot. Both are excellent fishermen.

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Justin & Nick.
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! We had a very good time. The fishing was great for us. Most of our fish came out of 25 to 30 feet on water on a Carolina Rig and a Drop Shot. It was kind of fun watching the two techniques dule. The C-Rig caught bigger fish and the Drop Shot caught numbers. We ended up catching about 25 to 30 keepers all in the 2lb range. Our big smallie came on the C-Rig with a Guido Bug. (3 3/4 lbs)

Later on in the day we moved up into the cabbage for the last half hour and caught some 2lb largies flippin a 10 inch Berkley Power Worm.

We're certainly looking forward to the next event at Twin and the one after on the River Smile

Good group of guys

- T.
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love smallies. Was fun watching justins big one come flying out of the water a full cast from the boat!

We managed are time well and thanks to a lucky barely 3lber I got on a fluke early and a bunch on the dropshot. Including a half dozen browns. Justin suggests a spot to try at 9 30 after we depleted my areas of dumb fish- I tell him in a cocky know it all fashion that ive never got anything but rats there. Sure enough we pull up and I lose one on my first or second cast. From then on we got 9 or 10 1-2 1/4lb smallies with only one coming on the c-rig. The dropshot did some serious work sunday.

We also had a sickly looking largemouth I got early on a roboworm that should of kissed 3 if it didnt have an empty stomach. Fresh off a bed no doubt. our bottom three keepers were between 2lb 3oz and 2lb 7oz
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the win fellas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: