CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake george, Benton lake, Mirror lake-last weeks vaca
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoppy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Lake george, Benton lake, Mirror lake-last weeks vaca Reply with quote

going to make this post quicker then usual...................

lake george......fished it for two days. strong wind coming from the north the entire time made the main lake have a 2' to 4' chop. had to mostly stick to back bays fishing largies. did ok with smallies around long island but couldnt stand the wind and chop. largie fishing was desent. no monsters but enough to keep me busy. mostly fishing weed beds and rocks with a brushog or berkley chigger craw. texas rigged with 1/4 oz weight. lost a few solid fish after brief battles. also had a few cut offs some right on the strike. feel the hit........set the hook........nothing there but limp line without a bait attached. damn pike and pickeral. biggest smallie for the trip only went approx 2lbs. only spent a few hours fishing for them before i switched for largies.

benton lake............decided to go here the other day i could have fished lake george. lost a decent smallie approx 3lbs pretty quickly. never caught or hooked another. the rest of the day was filled with average 1 to 2lb largies.
very aggresive fish here with 1/2 of them hitting the bait on the drop. i love reaction strikes. today all i threw was the brushog again. stuck to back bays as this lake also had a stiff wind running the lake and whipping up some chop.
all fish were fat and healthy and faught good for the sizes.

mirror lake.....ulster park, NY
fished this lake for two days fith three buddies. small lake surrounded by lilly pads and mixed with some millfoil here and there. caught good numbers of fish. most in the 1 to 3lb range but a 4.1lber was also taken. one of the guys reported a big fish coming unbuttoned. estimated in the 6 to 7lb range.
a bunch of fish were caught on wacky worms. i did good with a brushog after the wacky worm bite died off. a few on top water and a few on swim baits.
for the most part fishing pads and clumps of millfoil was the trick. water clarity sucked at approx 1'. chocolate milk!! black was my magic color but the other guys were throwing whites and greens. junebug baby brushog took my biggest fish at 3.3lbs. fishing came to a quick stop when the other guys flipped there boat. approx $2,000 worth of tackle, rods, trolling motor, batteries, camera, i phone..................sank to the bottom in like 15' of water. no body hurt but it happened real quick and the guys were abit shaken up.

not a bad trip but not what i was hoping for. really wanted to explore lake george more but the wind kept me from running to much. still caught fish and had fun. hopefully next time the weather will be abit better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: