CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Bluegill fillets for "Jimmy22000"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NSGSplatmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Bluegill fillets for "Jimmy22000" Reply with quote

Was fishing Mondo pond in Milford today with some worms and a stringer, and ended up taking four bluegill with me - four down, one trillion to go. Also hooked a half pound largemouth and let him go. I met a guy fishing for bass on an adjacent point that said he posts here but I can't find his name on the user base - but anyway, if you're on this forum, Jimmy, you can indeed fillet a bluegill. Its mostly the same process as you'd fillet a largemouth bass or a yellow perch or a crappie. Getting around the bones is a little tricky on the small ones sometimes but they fry up into nice apetizers in my opinion - not a taste for everyone.

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/NSGSplatmaster/?action=view&current=IMG_0009.jpg

For everyone else reading, all of these bluesgills were on the small size, probably 5 - 6 inches. I probably caught 20 of them, maybe more - I lost count.[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: