CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Lower Moodus & Cedar 5/30
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Lower Moodus & Cedar 5/30 Reply with quote

Took the afternoon off and hit Lower Moodus. Sunny, light breeze and water temp about 77 and about 3 feet of visibility. Launched and then came to find out that I had almost no juice left in my TM batteries!...(found out later that the extension cord I use for charging in my garage had worked its way out of the wall outlet! Crying or Very sad )
Anyway, that kind of changed my way of fishing for the day,..spent a lot of time drifting and anchoring! Still managed to boat 8 or 9 bass and a handful of pickeral. Nothing too big,..best was about 2 lbs or so! Most of the fish came on either a dropshot worm or a jig & pig! There were a lot of lilypads starting to break the surface in most of the shallows, but I didn't catch a single fish there (not for lack of trying...)! Just about everything was on the first break into deeper water from the shallows. On Moodus, that means about 3-5 feet instead of 1-2 in the shallows.
I quit about 530 when some jet skiers took over the lake! Mad

Since it was still early,..I stopped off at Cedar on my way home and managed 4 more small keepers on pretty much the same pattern,..except the Cedar fish were a bit deeper because of the water clarity!
stumpy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like theyre still in post spawn pattern. im surprised they're not in the pads yet. 8-9 sounds pretty good, dropshot and a jig saved me from the skunk last time i was there.
Keith T

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job Mark....Thanks Buddy....looks like another tough tournie for me.....LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: