CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Want to work at Cabelas?Positions available....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Want to work at Cabelas?Positions available.... Reply with quote

We'll we just got permission to hire 5 new employees in the fishing dept. I wanted to get the word out. I'm sick of this store hiring guys with no fishng knowledge and relying on me to train them...i want to hire guys that know and love fishing!

The positions are going to be part time, about 20 hours per week(subject to need and personal desire to work more)...availability can be mixed but you HAVE to be available at least 1 day of the weekend.

So if you dont mind having me as your immediate boss, let me know, i can pull applications from the online system and focus on them...because we do get HUNDREDS for positions it helps to be able to focus on people i know are fishing educated.

The jobs aren't posted yet...but will be soon. Let me know if your interested!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good gesture Dusty, also a smart move to get people who know fishing. nothing is more frustrating as to go into a specialty shop or department and not be able to find anyone with even basic knowledge of the products their are trying to sell. While realizing not everyone can know all, at least they should know where to get an answer in a timely manner.

Don

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Dusty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the link to teh application is up...if your interested send me your "real" name and I'll be able to pick it out of the pile of a billion "faceless" applications

http://cabelas.kenexa.com/cabelas/cc/CCJ...ON_NUMBER=12212

D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a couple of guys in the EH store that really know their stuff and are extremely helpful. I usually shop there around lunch time and i usually have good luck with knowledgeable fishing staff. I will get there names, maybe you can give them a raise Laughing .

Justin
Dusty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAH, i wish it was that easy. Thanks for the praise, ive worked really hard at getting these guys trained and functioning like adults. When i started there the attitude was much more relaxed....too relaxed. They have come a l0ong way towards being more professional and treating customers teh way they should be treated.

Stop by and say Hi someday, i'm usually around (look for the brown blur....that will be me running around accomplishing some task Wink )

D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cabelas is serious business
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I worked there, I would climb the mountain and fish the fish tank when nobody was looking. Laughing

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: