CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Getting involved in Ct fishing Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weekend angler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Getting involved in Ct fishing Tournaments Reply with quote

Hey guys,

For someone who doesnt own a boat and loves fishing, I really have only done one fishing tournament at Lake Saltonstall becuase they rent boats out to fisherman. Im very eager to be in alot of tournaments, but what draws me away is that I do not own a boat, If I was to sign up for a tournament as a non-boater what are my chances being pick-up as a partner? I mainly do alot of my fishing off my kayak are there any tourneys that allow kayakers that anyone knows of.

Weekend Angler

-Get your pole wet-
Tmac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: doubt it Reply with quote

I dont think any tourny will allow a kayak to fish in there tourny due to no livewell,but plz put in for non boater sometimes we need more non boaters,but your best chance of fishin tournys is to join a bass club in your area,cause the tournys here have been far in between.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Tmac said, join a bass federation club or similar organization that sets up their tournaments as boater/ non boater. I don't know of any clubs that would let a kayak fish either. Try a year with the boater/ non boater setup, and if you want to take it to the next level and fish from your own boat, then start saving your money and buy a small bass boat. There are some really good prices on new and used boats right now with the economy the way it is.

If you don't care for the boater/non boater venue, try to get into a local bass club that is partner /teams, but 1 of you has to have a boat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also fish the Ct division of the ABA. Non-boaters are welcome and it is a draw at the ramp format. It's a good group of guysand there are no meetings to attend. You can shoot me a PM for my contact info you want more info.

Fitzwater Lures- Best custom jigs on the market
http://www.fitzwaterlures.com/

American Bass Anglers Draw Tournament Trail
CT Division 6
www.abadivision6.com
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekend, If you want I could look into a BASS Federation club for you, you could go as a non-boater and also fish the Federation trail, you just have to be a BASS member. You can PM me and I will try to hook you up.
mongo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weekend....if you really want to fish tournaments..as some guys recomended - join a local club first with ties to bass or tbf / flw thats a good start.
many clubs (mine included) are looking for non-boaters to join...let us know where you are located and myself or someone can relay your info to a local club.
<><
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: