CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Blues and stripers running
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanfromTrumbull

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Blues and stripers running Reply with quote

Sunday got on the boat at about 10am to go snag some bunker, none around.
God thing we already got 10 and 6 makeral at Jimmy's. set up out by Penfield lighthouse. Hooked up on some nice blues right away, giddest being 11lbs. Moved over to "sunken island" by southport, hokked up on a 10lb-er. and hooked a 32" striper. all in all a great day to be out.

Monday went to the"beach house" in fairfield and my boy promply hooked a 28" striper.

They are staring to get got better go out and get them

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice going. Nothing like fighting a 11lb blue to get the heart going. When casting, I use a 2500 spinner reel with 20lb braid and a MH 7' pole. Nothing like catching blues on top with light tackle.

Anyone see any bunker in there marina's, river, sound? Last year at this time the bunker where so thick you could walk on them.

Justin
RyanfromTrumbull

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I have been using my Ugly stick (7' Med.) that I built from a blank when I was 15, great rod, matched up with my penn reel and 50lb. power pro. But most of the fish that I've caught this year I've got on my P.O.S. "wall mart special" Rod, 9' med hvy. and 20lb mono. I've got to say that set up isn't that bad, I got it to replace an old rod that snapped and am very pleased with it, for being $40 it has held it's own, planning of relpacing it with a carrot stix next year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the carrot sticks have been having issue and the company hasn't been honoring warranty's. If you are going to spend that kind of money, check out the crucials by shimano. They have a life time warranty Wink

Justin
RyanfromTrumbull

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, thanks for the info

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job,..you're on them a lot better than me!
Last few trips out of Saybrook have either been skunks or just 1 small bluefish and that's it! I think it's because the baitfish seem to be few & far between right now around here for some reason,..hoping for some better times soon, before it get's too cold for the kayak! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: