CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: No Cull tourney, anyone ever participate in one?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: No Cull tourney, anyone ever participate in one? Reply with quote

For all you that watch the "the world's greatest fishing show" with Mark Zona, every season they do a no cull tourney on BASS founder Ray Scott's private lake out of Montgomery, Ala.. I think it is a cool and exciting concept for a bass tourney.

Anyone ever fish something like this? Any interest in doing something like this in the spring? I think it would be cool and challenging. Anyone game to do it on candlewood in the spring? Just a thought to try something different, anyone else? Just a thought for the start of next season

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4122144

Justin
next level

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that would be a great idea bass addict. that would definitely be a change and sounds fun. the only thing that i think there would be a problem with is how you would make sure that nobody culled anything. that tourney is on a small pond where everybody can pretty much see each other the whole time. on a place like candlewood there's no way you could control that.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point NL, we would have to use the honor system. I know I would never cheat as integrity is everything to me. I thought it was a really cool concept and it forces you to make hard decisions. However you are right, there is no way to gaurentee people would be honest.

What if it was a 1 fish limit with culling aloud but you can only have 1 fish in your live well at a time? There would be no need to cheat as you are always going to keep your biggest fish in the well. Winner takes all.

Justin
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHA.........A great man once said "Win if you can lose if you must but always cheat"
The Nature Boy Ric Flair

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know it is a bad idea when Quint comes out of his retirement from posting to comment.

It is to bad there isn't a way to keep the playing field level so that a no cull tourney could be done. I think it would be fun as hel.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: