CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Drawdowns and accessibility
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Drawdowns and accessibility Reply with quote

Haven't been able to get out in a while for a number of reasons but was hoping to make it out this weekend for a few hours. I've been sick for 3 days and it's time to kick it out of the system with some fishing. Anybody know which lakes have drawdowns that render the launch useless? I was thinking about hitting West Hill or Highland. Any information on the state of the ramps would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phish
rjskeeter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know gardners is way down

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, RJ.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Hill is way down I had to take my tin can off the trailer and manual launch it because there wasnt enough water to float my boat without sinkin my truck. Highland is also pretty low as well. Theres Park Pond and Winchester that should be good. Park pond sucks if you want qaulity bass, and Winchester just sucks period. The pike though should be movin around with the cold snap coming in this weekend....
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I think Winchester has been poorly managed over the years. Winchester has more stumps and wood in the water than any other lake I have been on in CT. There is plenty of deeper water, to 20 feet I believe. It should hold more bass than almost anywhere in the state.

I think too many larger bass are taken through the ice, with no DEP officers to keep people honest. Then they drop northern pike in there to kill the bass fishing even more. The forage may be part of the problem too, not enough?

just my 2 cents.........

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya by the dam it gets to about 22 feet. Thats why I keep going there because it just looks so good for bass. As the forage part goes there is plenty in there. If you go up in the lilly pads way down before stump city and take a left into that cove, the lilly pad field is full of shiners. I wish I had a finer net so I could scoop them up. There were at least 20 dozen swimmin throughout the lilly pads. For me I get a lot of action at Winchester but its from runt bass. I do well there with spinnerbaits chartruses during the day, and black at night typical pattern. Only frog fished it once but then I lost my frog to a sh*t knot. I'll probaly go there again next year until I get a good one. In my opinion every lake has a big bass in it. It just depends on how hard you want to work for that bass. Some ponds I've fished it only took me a summer to catch a 6 pounder, other ponds, it only took me a month to catch 7.4 pounder, and then some ponds it took me 11 out of 19 years of my life to catch a bass bigger than 10 inches, and this year it was a 5 pounder. Personally I like fishin ponds the people turn their noses up at because when you get that lunker and show them the picture with the lake in the background their reaction is priceless. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: