CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: tyler/west side combo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave N.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: tyler/west side combo Reply with quote

Ok here goes, get to tyler bout 7:45 and it's still raining (and foggy). sit for a lil bit in the truck and the weather lets up. I creep my way onto a good 6" of black ice. Pop a dozen or so holes and start jigging. 2nd hole and i'm on, a sweet 14" brown. a few small perch later i haul *ss over to westside pond. had to literally walk through about 8" of water at the launch to get onto the ice. Anyway, a couple other groups were out there and they seemed to be having some luck. I pop a line of holes and do the same "gettin' jiggy with it" routine. Being my first time there i really didn't expect too much. I was looking for some bigger perch than tyler has but didn't get any. BUT i was pleasantly surprised to catch 2 browns Smile (15.5", 14.5") and a nice bow(14"). Gonna work on them perch next time. cold temps returning will lock up the edges once again. took pics/video with phone, hopefully i can post 'em soon.
Dave N.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a tyler lake brown 12/27
bumbala357

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave N. wrote:
Heres a tyler lake brown 12/27
Was this at Tyler pond in Goshen or is there a Tyler lake also? Nice fish cant wait to get out..
Dave N.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that's the one in goshen. I plan on hitting west side (just up the road from tyler) on wednesday. Much smaller than tyler but you can cover more water and hopefully find concentrations of fish easier. Maybe we'll catch you out there. good luck. Wink
bumbala357

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave N. wrote:
Yep that's the one in goshen. I plan on hitting west side (just up the road from tyler) on wednesday. Much smaller than tyler but you can cover more water and hopefully find concentrations of fish easier. Maybe we'll catch you out there. good luck. Wink
Yea fished at West Hill last year 1st day out Ice was only around 4 inches or so off shore could only go out so far caught 2 awsome browns have pics and tried to post them but i could not get them to load on this page!!Going to be cold up that way the next few days I also plan on getting out I dont work during the winter months so I spend a lot of time fishing when the Ice is good!! Good Luck keep the reports coming.Is it West side or West hill? Is there a west side also? LOL
Dave N.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea there's a westside pond(42acres) on westside rd. in goshen. I have the CT lake and pond book which has all depths, fish species, prominent forage,etc. Not a bad $20 investment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: