CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Great day ice fishing,
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Great day ice fishing, Reply with quote

12/30/09 Was out today, had a great day, caught 15 bass nothing big, around 2 lbers, caught some monster sunfish, around 1 to 1.5 lbers, and get this, I was drop shotting with a 7 ft rod!!! With Berkelys 4 inch shiners, it was freakin cold, I had 4 holes drilled on a little ledge in the lake, I catch 1 to 1.5 lb sunfish on a 1/2 ounce jig when theres no ice, never mind the bass I catch, Had about 6 inches of ice, Yes, I was on Lake X, just kidding Slimecoat, I was on Compounce.
erics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: sound like a crazy day to flippy Reply with quote

Hey flippy, sounds like a crazy day. Didnt know you could ice fish fish there. give more details,where do you get onto the ice? erics.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, as soon as I saw this post I knew you were on Compounce.

Erics, Flippy works for lake compounce, so he has anytime access to that basically unfished untouched water. I've heard many stories about how big the fish are in there. So unless you are ready to rub Flippy the right way, Shocked you're out of luck. I've heard that he likes to be rubbed the right way, Shocked but we can't talk about that here. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks for fishin at Compounce only 2 pounds Laughing . I work there too and I always see some lunkers swiming around. You have to be full time worker to fish there. Some big catfish in there from what the securtiy guy tells me. The pond across the road that you can see from the sky ride is where the big bass are just have to hop the 6 foot fence in the dark...
erics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply slimecoat forgot about that lake. been kinda scatterbrained latly i guess. just looking for a spot to catch a few good perch. erics.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want jumbo perch go to Crescent Lake in Southington. The guy won't ask you for a pass because he won't chase you down on the ice. I got some ones that where pushing the 14 inch range. I used to drag rapalas through there in the summer and by the water forest some of the perch slam the rap so hard I almost lost a few rods. I don't how but theres always good numbers of fish in there even with the "cans" keepin all the bass, bluegills, and pickerel, or as they say it stripas, pogys, and bluefish haha
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bluegill, if that is a picture of you, I have never seen you there,I work there full time, Ive been fishing heavy there for 6 years, biggest fish ive caught in 6 years was a 6.8 lber, the lake is loaded with 1 to 3 lbers, I go out with the man lift and get right over the flat on the south end in the spring and come inches from the water where they are bedding, I dont know where you are seeing these lunkers, there are monster perch in there and monster sunfish, but seldom see lunkers swimming around, I even take the boat I have there out, as for the pond across the street that is owned by Tilcon and yes there is nice fish in there, next time your there stop by the paint shop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: