CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Blizzard Fishin at Birges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Blizzard Fishin at Birges Reply with quote

Fished Birges this morning from 7 a.m. till a little before noon. Did alright picked up 11 chain pickerel and 2 largemouth bass. Was pissed because I drove to Silver but couldn't get on so then I had to drive all the way back through Plainville and out to boondocks of Bristol to find good ice. Action only came on two different flags must of been the highways that them bass and pickerel swim on.

Heres 2 of the chain pickerel:

1 of the 2 bass about 2 pounds:

When I was flying up rte 9 this morning I almost ran some old lady off the road who was going 30 down the highway. Mad
pdcrack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done BT.
Tough weather and tough luck about the Silver lake bit, but nice job catching. Must be nice to catch some bass this time of year.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man ya there was absolutely no wind out there so it actually felt like early spring haha. But yea I really want to get onto to Silver for those channel cats.
erics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: nice bass, Bluegill Terminator Reply with quote

Did you mean silver lake in Berlin ? didnt know any catfish there. nice largemouth. Hope to maybe get out sometime, was thinking maybe a hole in the Farmington, off Rt.4 if theres ice enough, saw people there last year with some nice perch. Dying to get out. Tight Lines ! erics.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya the dep stocks cats into Silver some big ones too.
RaitherBfiSHIN'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT, I'm looking to get out and do some ice fishing with my first day off in months on Sunday. I work in southington, live out by Windsor. i was thinking of heading northwest out to Tyler lake. but if there's good ice in Bristol id much raither drive 30 minutes then an hour. where abouts were ya and about how thick was the ice?
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on Birges Pond its like right near Burlington. Ice was 4 inches of black ice. I didn't move around at all so I don't know how it is farther out. I caught all them fish about 20 feet from shore on a little weedline. Beseck lake has 5 inches on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: